Did I ovulate? Temperature chart analysis please.

(8 Posts)
NoImBridgetJones Thu 29-Sep-16 10:51:39

Age 28
Cycle 9
TTC 1
CD 16

Hello

Been TTC for 9 months now, have mainly been using OPKS and EWCM to time ovulation but tried temping for the first time this month.

I'd held off temping until now as I'm a restless sleeper and worried I wouldn't get real results, but as time goes on I thought I'd give it a try.

Anyway, I'm sat here with a tub of pineapple trying to figure out if I have in fact ovulated this month and should start munching away on it.

I know I need to keep temping for the rest of the month and to consistently get higher temps to really show progesterone and confirm OV, but was wondering if anyone could take a look and see if it looks likely at the moment?

The first of the two + was a CB digi standard opk at 8pm, the second + was a CB dual hormone OPK taken 11 hours later at 7am the following morning. I got a negative standard OPK later that evening, all coinciding with my last day of ewcm.

Temps taken orally btw.

Thanks in advance for any interpretation!

ItsLikeRainOnYourWeddingDay Thu 29-Sep-16 10:58:55

Hi

Once you have a third high temp that are higher than the previous six I would say you ovulated on day 14. So if tomo is high you have ovd.

In regards to pineapple. It wont help. It's all old wives tales. Eat it if you want, if you don't, don't!

Your starting to sound a bit obsessed tbh. I've been there. Took 4 years to have my first. Try and take a step back. Good luck.

NoImBridgetJones Thu 29-Sep-16 11:22:39

Thanks Rain, that's really helpful, I didn't know about the 3 higher than previous 6 so thanks for that.
I did laugh at the last bit there grin you're probably right I am obsessing! I'll try to keep it all in perspective, possibly swap the pineapple for a doughnut now which to be fair is what I really fancied smile thanks again

Alibaba2 Thu 29-Sep-16 20:08:01

Rain, you could probably say that most posters on this board are 'a bit obsessed'. That's why we're here hmm

ItsLikeRainOnYourWeddingDay Sat 01-Oct-16 04:50:49

There is being keen to get pg but there is also obsessed which can be detrimental.

OP look at a website called TCOYF. It's the gold standard in ov charting.

CaptainWarbeck Sat 01-Oct-16 05:06:51

Based on the +OPK and the temp rise I'd say you ovulated on CD14. My temps are always all over the place because I mouth breathe at night. Generally I get a fairly reliable pattern of lower temps in the first half, higher temps in the second. Don't worry about the odd random one though, its an overall pattern you're looking for. What have your temps done since you posted your OP?

NoImBridgetJones Sat 01-Oct-16 16:11:29

Thanks all. Appreciate all comments and advice.

Rain, I'll check out that link. Thanks smile

Captain, I've had higher temps ever since day 14. On 3dpo, just as Rain suggested, I got the third high temp and FF drew a nice cover line for me, so it too seems to suspect day 14 as the day of ov.

So now we wait...

As for obsessing etc, some months I'm better than others. I found this cycle hard as another baby was born in the family, and 2 of my friends from our group of 4 are attending a baby fayre together this weekend. The third friend in the group had her gorgeous DD a few months ago. Just a bad month but I will try to keep it together. It isn't healthy to get too worked up. Also aware that 9 cycles is nothing compared to some, so apologies to anyone that may be upset by my moaning.

Like most of us, I spent most of the time until now trying NOT to get pregnant and, somewhat naively thought it would happen straight away!

Best of luck to everyone reading this and ttc.

KBookworm Sun 02-Oct-16 19:05:03

Hi everyone!

Sorry to butt in here, but I thought temp had to stay consistently high to show ov? I don't think I ovulated this month sad

Here is my chart? Help?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now