First Attempt at baby making

(4 Posts)
Raffles1981 Tue 27-Sep-16 16:37:45

Hi Gals,

I am 35 and have decided to try for a baby. Nothing too heavy, if it happens, it happens...I had my implant out on the 7th September - only three weeks ago but I have not had a period yet. I am getting the signs, have even done a test to make sure I was not pregnant just in case. I am a little concerned. Should I wait a little longer before speaking to my GP? I honestly thought my period would appear within days. Any advice would be helpful, Thanks x

FlyingDragon Tue 27-Sep-16 16:43:57

It took a while for my period to arrive after I had my implant out - maybe six weeks? And then I had a few cycles where I didn't ovulate before settling down.

Good luck.

BoBo90 Tue 27-Sep-16 17:36:18

It can take a long time for your body to restart after having the implant. Unfortunately you will just have to be patient but it can take months. fx for you it wont be much longer! x

Raffles1981 Wed 28-Sep-16 09:28:11

Thanks guys. I am totally new to this whole baby making thing - Hopefully a cycle will happen soon. Its going to be a long year, since I have no patience whatsoever! But I appreciate the advice. I understand everyone is different, but its nice to get other peoples views on this. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now