Quick Qu about ovulation!

(8 Posts)
FastLove Tue 27-Sep-16 07:44:45

Can anyone advise me on roughly when the window of opportunity for conception is around noticing ewcm and slight cramping feelings associated with ovulation? Thanks!

delilahbucket Tue 27-Sep-16 07:50:01

Not really, no. Everyone is different. I get ewcm two days before and one day after ovulation and I get cramps on the day and two days after. If you've got ewcm then you need to be getting on with it because you are fertile.

FastLove Tue 27-Sep-16 07:54:18

Thanks for replying. Just trying to get my head around it. That's what I thought but at least you've given me hope that I may have longer than just a few hours to make it happen as DH isn't here till much later tonight! Argh!

delilahbucket Tue 27-Sep-16 10:09:08

An egg lives for 12-24 hours.

MmmMalbec Wed 28-Sep-16 12:05:29

This month I had ewcm starting on cd14 and ovulated on cd20. I don't always have so much before, some days it's a few days before. So yeah really hard to say. Have you tried opks?

FastLove Wed 28-Sep-16 22:40:55

I got some sticks but only after I noticed the ewcm so that was yesterday morning I used one and had a positive result then, last night and this morning. I've really only just started taking any notice of what goes on in this part of my cycle so I guess we'll just have to see and hope for the best!

FastLove Wed 28-Sep-16 22:42:14

Also I know that's far too often to be using the tests but it's a bit addictive checking! blush

delilahbucket Thu 29-Sep-16 21:24:14

If you're getting a positive opk test then you won't be ovulating for at least 24 hours if not 48 hours. The tests are best done in the afternoon for accurate results. Just remember, the test line must be as dark as or darker than the control line for it to be positive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now