No period and breast milk?!

(4 Posts)
Namechanged6789456 Mon 26-Sep-16 14:08:23

Name changed as I can't believe I'm even asking such a stupid question. And also didn't know which topic to put this in so thought you symptom-spotters might be able to shed some light.

I have a mirena coil. It's been 5 weeks since my last period (so I'm a couple of days late). This last few days I have had really sore boobs/nipples. They felt really 'full' this morning so when I was in the shower I gave them a bit of a massage and I'm producing breast milk! hmm

I've done a IC which came back negative so I'm assuming I'm not pregnant.

Is this some kind of side effect from the coil that I've not experienced before? Or is my body going mad? If I was pregnant, surely there'd be enough HCG in my system to give an accurate test result if theres enough to make me start producing milk?

Very confused!

Puggleface Mon 26-Sep-16 19:52:13

I would go see your GP. something similar happened to me. I was ttc and instead of ovulating I'd just start producing milk!! I was diagnosed with prolactin deficiency and this was causing me to ovulate late (my periods went all over the place too so I thought I was pregnant each month but definitely wasn't!!) Was prescribed Bromocriptine if I remember correctly. Didnt take long to correct the hormone imbalance in my case but make sure you see your GP ASAP.

delilahbucket Tue 27-Sep-16 07:54:35

I produce it every single day. I've had my prolactin levels tested and they were fine. It is worth getting yours checked just in case as it can be a sign if something more serious.

Ausernotanumber Tue 27-Sep-16 07:55:23

I had milk and huge boobs on MIRENA coil.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now