Hello everyone! Getting ready...

(17 Posts)
Loxy4527 Wed 21-Sep-16 20:49:03

Well, that's it. I've reached the end of my last pack of contraceptive pills and now have a stash of pregnancy multivitamins instead. Me and Hubby will be using barrier method until the new year so I can get used to my cycle and enjoy some drinks over christmas. Eeep! All kind of nervous/excited, it's really hard to not get carried away, i have to remind myself that it took my mum five years to get pregnant so this could be a long process. Still, it's nice to hope... Any tips on things to do to prepare? Or things to enjoy before it's too late XD

MouseLove Thu 22-Sep-16 07:46:50

Following. I stopped my pill last week but were TTC now. Feeling underprepared but then remembered that I should just go with the flow and enjoy the 'trying' wink

Loxy4527 Thu 22-Sep-16 08:30:16

Hey MouseLove, that's almost exactly what my nurse told me when I went for a check up a few weeks ago wink Hopefully I can stay relatively chilled out, concentrating on simple stuff atm like getting down to the gym and eating a bit better. Good luck with TTC smile

GoNorthDarren Thu 22-Sep-16 10:02:26

Also following smile. We are planning to start TTC in the new year too. I have the Mirena coil at the moment, so will be booking in to have that removed ASAP after Xmas.

haveacupoftea Thu 22-Sep-16 20:39:54

Eat healthy and take hot water with lemon and honey in the morning smile

Now that you're in the notion i imagine the barrier method might not last as long as you hope wink

Loxy4527 Fri 23-Sep-16 10:21:46

Oooh I wish I could take that advice but I can't stand honey and lemon! What's the idea behind that? I don't mind ginger tea or green tea with a bit of lemon, would that do the trick?

I just have to remember xmas day champers, hopefully I'll stay strong! Haha grin

Loxy4527 Fri 04-Nov-16 08:24:56

Update: Things are going really well! One of my biggest concerns was that the pill might have been masking irregularities in my cycle or something but it turns out I'm still running like clockwork. Never been so excited to see my AF in my life :D I've also been able to figure out what day I ovulate on (Much easier than I thought it would be and happens to be today, soooo tempting XD) so we should have the best chances when we try in the new year. We've managed to behave, or rather hubby's managed to behave despite my broodiness.

Hufflepuffin Fri 04-Nov-16 08:59:28

Have you been vaccinated against German measles? If not you can have a blood test to check your immunity. Also you could get the chicken pox vaccine if you didn't have that as a child. Also eat a lot of Brie and pâté with your champagne over Christmas if you like them!

Loxy4527 Fri 04-Nov-16 09:29:14

Would german measles vaccine have been done when I was a kid? I've had every vaccination that would have been offered at the time, and I definitely had chicken pox.

I don't think I've said no to a single Brie and bacon sarnie for the last two months grin I will miss that for sure.

Loxy4527 Fri 04-Nov-16 09:55:23

Checked with my mum, I'm all good :D

MouseLove Fri 04-Nov-16 21:16:33

Great news. Not so much for me. I'm still waiting for anything to happen. CD50 today.

Loxy4527 Sat 05-Nov-16 08:13:49

It can take time to get things back on track. I thought it was going to take a few months for me, now I'm feeling impatient to start. Dunno how I'm going to stay chilled for the TTC phase, has anyone figured that out?

delilahbucket Sat 05-Nov-16 14:18:40

It took over a year for my cycle to find normality after stopping the pill (just to forewarn you). For this reason I recommend using ovulation tests to track your cycle. An app will not tell you when you ovulate (regardless sod what many people think!) Before ttc I lost loads of weight to get to a healthy bmi and was just healthier in general. Start those vitamins you've been stockpiling and yes, try to relax and not obsess (much easier said than done, and don't we all know it!) I don't want to see you here saying you've taken a test two weeks before your period is due and you don't know if you can see a line or not on your first go grin. Good luck x

Loxy4527 Sat 05-Nov-16 14:49:54

There are apps? Haha, I've just been keeping a calendar, and getting to know my cervix a bit better. Everything seems pretty regular for now. XD I might get a kit if it's not happening after the first few months, will see when we start smile I can already imagine DH's eye roll if I start showing him graphs, lol. And I promise I won't be testing until I'm actually late grin

Loxy4527 Wed 09-Nov-16 19:54:31

Alright, alright, no "I told you so"s but me and hubby have goofed. I blame my friends for having the most adorable child in the world and making hubby forget his stance on "The Plan".

So, that was saturday, CD15, just under 24hrs of when i think i ovulate. I'm absolutely not expecting anything to come of it, mostly its nice that we're both on the same track now. Sure enough my cervix has been dropping steadily and I even cracked open a bottle of wine tonight. But then i checked again and it's shot up, way up. Its CD 19 and what I'm asking is could my cervix doing yo-yos still come under "Everybody is different, hormonal shifts, blahblahblah." or should i get a test ready for next week? hmm

delilahbucket Wed 09-Nov-16 22:05:50

To be honest, if you ovulated on cd14 (and there is no way of knowing you did unless you are monitoring your bbt) then you probably missed the egg. They only live for 12-24 hours.
I've never monitored my cervix but I really wouldn't start reading into it. An egg takes at least five days to implant and can take up to 12. If you did catch an egg it will be far too early to tell anything. Honestly, don't get bogged down with symptom checking, or anything checking, leave your cervix alone, it won't tell you anything. It will slowly eat at you inside if you do not fall pregnant.

Loxy4527 Wed 09-Nov-16 22:36:09

You're probably right about missing the window but I don't think having a better understanding of my body's cycle is a bad thing so I will continue to monitor so I understand what is normal for me. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now