Anyone else obsessed by peeing on a stick?

(6 Posts)
JustmumR Tue 20-Sep-16 19:56:53

Hi ladies, just wondering if anyone is as obsessed as I am about using OPK's? I am on cycle 2 TTC and I think I have now grasped how to use them. I did a clear blue this morning and a cheapy this evening. Both negative but the second line on the cheapy is starting to appear which I guess means I'm coming up to my ovulation day? Feeling nervous and excited, can't wait for my little boy to have a brother or sister! Lots of luck to you all testing x

Flappergirl86 Sat 24-Sep-16 12:17:41

Yep. I am only starting TTC this week but have being peeing on OpK sticks for 3 months. Sometimes I do it because I'm bored. I've tried various brands and know which I like and don't like. I hide the sticks like a closet smackhead hides syringes!!!

Mummyh2016 Sat 24-Sep-16 14:13:15

I am obsessed, only started using them this cycle and have done it everyday since my AF finished. Can't wait to get out of bed every morning to use another one.
Most days though the second line on mine has been faint so didn't think that meant anything?

Thecontentedcat Sat 24-Sep-16 14:21:43

I love Poas, sometimes I even Poas an ov stick when I know I'm not oving just to be sure! Thank goodness for ic's! I do not love bfn on pregnancy tests though!

delilahbucket Sun 25-Sep-16 16:25:18

Ovulation tests are best done in the afternoon. They detect the luteinising hormone which is present in the body most of the time, so you will often get two lines on them. A line that is as dark as or darker than the control line is classed as a positive result and you will usually ovulate 24-48 hours later. It doesn't guarantee you have ovulated though, just that your body is getting ready to.

JustmumR Sun 25-Sep-16 20:09:29

I am supposed to be ovulating today but have had 2 negative OBK so guess I'm a little late this month.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now