how to not obsess over it.

(4 Posts)
Myusername2015 Mon 19-Sep-16 18:21:57

Hi all; I'm in my third cycle post pill of ttc first child....but I've become obsessed with it; we are both in our 30's and I'm so scared we just won't be able to conceive; literally am spending all day everyday thinking about it. Its such a roller coaster and I should take out shares in pregnancy tests. Does the wait get any easier? Is it always a full year before the Gp will consider tests? Thanks all

MouseLove Mon 19-Sep-16 20:43:17

Sending hugs. You sound like me. I came off the pill just 5 days ago and already I'm thinking about it all the time. I know it's the excitement and the ladies here have really helped. We have wanted this for 11 year and have been trying to start for 6 years but things have happened which meant we couldn't. It almost broke my heart at times. My husband is 30 soon and I'm 3 yrs older. I've wished for this moment for so long it feels so unreal. I feel so impatient and I know it's completely out of my hands. Soooo try not to obsess, relax, enjoy every moment and be excited about the process. I think we all forget to love and enjoy these moments. X

haveacupoftea Mon 19-Sep-16 23:23:28

It does get a bit easier to manage with time...I think the first couple of months you get so carried away thinking you're sure to get pregnant...whereas when time goes on you realise a month is not too long. Good luck

EJ1986 Wed 21-Sep-16 06:45:37

Im oy a few months in and understand the none stop thinking. I do hope it gets easier to cope with. I too have wanted this for years which is making it harder

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now