Internet cheapies less sensitive than they used to be?

(6 Posts)
dancinginthedark24 Thu 15-Sep-16 14:05:57

Hello! AF due today (11dpo, I have a short luteal phase). Did frer and Internet cheapie hpt this morning. Faint but definite line on the frer (attached) but not even a squinter on the IC. Am I going mad? There's a line on the frer right? I'm sure when I was pregnant a few years ago the IC's were much more sensitive than this...

INeedNewShoes Thu 15-Sep-16 14:10:53

I didn't get a properly visible line this time on an IC until around 16dpo whereas I'd had a definite line on FRER from 12dpo. The IC advertised sensitivity of 10mlu seems to be inaccurate nowadays - all other tests (including Cassanovum which are still cheap) gave me a line before the One Step IC.

In fact I did a little pregnancy test experiment to show how rubbish the ICs are, as you can see from my photo.

INeedNewShoes Thu 15-Sep-16 14:11:45

There is a line on your FRER. As long as it's pink and not grey, then it's a BFP smile (I'm rubbish at seeing photos on screen so I can't tell).

dancinginthedark24 Fri 16-Sep-16 16:54:16

Thank you! That's very reassuring. Did another frer today and the lines darker. I've run out of Internet cheapies... Don't think I'll re-stock!

INeedNewShoes Fri 16-Sep-16 17:00:52

Congratulations smile

The FRERs do seem to be the gold standard (if you excuse them their evaporation lines which seem quite common but are easy to recognise once you know about them)!

Mumrahhhh Sat 17-Sep-16 20:00:45

Is this the same for the cheapie opk too in anyone's experience? I'm loving the positive tests test, brill!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now