Bfp for those who normally spot before af

(7 Posts)
trinityrabbit Thu 15-Sep-16 07:42:14

Just wanted to start a more recent thread for those who are looking to see if they'd get their normal pre af spotting the month they got a bfp, as I did lots of searching for this while ttc.

Have just had my second bfp (the first ended in mmc 6 months ago) and both months I didn't have any spotting pre af. I normally do for 4 days before the periid starts proper.

I did have implantation bleed for a few days both times around 5dpo.

Both these gave me an indication that I was pregnant and did the tests on the day af was due..hoping this one sticks!

Hope this helps anyone else out there looking and anyone else with similar or opposite experience please chime in smile

Alibaba2 Thu 15-Sep-16 07:44:59

Thanks Trinity, and congratulations!

Really helpful to know that.

Last cycle I had a tiny brown blob of mucus on 10-11dpo (plus what seemed like implantation symptoms) then spotting on 12-13dpo and AF on 14dpo.

Interesting to know that your implantation bleed was so early.

trinityrabbit Thu 15-Sep-16 07:50:59

Thanks alibaba smile

Just had a quick double check on the calendar and last implantation spotting was 6-10dpo, this time 4-6dpo.

I really thought the pre af spotting was stopping me conceiving but obviously not. How long have you been ttc?

Smidge001 Thu 15-Sep-16 07:54:09

Oh, that's disappointing. I always have pre-AF spotting (for about 10 days, so if that.'a the case I need never get my hopes up beyond about 4 days after getting it on! I was hoping you were going to say you spotted as normal then AF never came.

Congratulations to you though, and I really appreciate you sharing this info

Alibaba2 Thu 15-Sep-16 20:23:16

So if it starts fairly early but then stops, it could be IB.

I've been ttc since MC in May.

Don't normally have spotting but got it for 4 days pre-AF last cycle plus some other implantation symptoms.

I wish I had cctv in there so I knew what was going on!

ohnonotanother1 Thu 15-Sep-16 21:06:51

I usually have spotting pre af, usually 2-4 days. I got my bfp this month on the day I usually start spotting and haven't had any spotting at all this whole cycle.

Good luck!

trinityrabbit Fri 16-Sep-16 21:59:15

ali yeah if it stops then could be ib. smidge yup that's the way it was for me. Every month the spotting started (sometimes a week before af due) I would lose hope. I have read others who still spotted, just wasn't the case for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now