Please help, ovulation confusion!!!!!

(7 Posts)
LauraK1987 Wed 14-Sep-16 20:30:50

Evening ladies, I'm getting really confused with CM and ovulation etc and could with a bit of advice! According to ovia and fertility friend my fertile window started on the 10th of this month I'm apparently ovulating today but last week had lots of EWCM and lots of watery CM which I've read the most fertile types...over the last couple of days my CM has turned creamy (sorry for tmi) is it likely due to CM that I ovulated last week? Or should I go by the apps and use their guideline that this week is my fertile week? I've got a really demanding job and a 4yr old so I'm struggling having sex every other day which in theory would be great as it would cover all bases but for my lifestyle it's just not realistic.

eurochick Wed 14-Sep-16 20:31:58

The CM is fro. Your body. The apps are based on averages. Trust your body.

Imnotaslimjim Wed 14-Sep-16 20:34:45

You produce the EWCM when you ovulate so I'd go by that rather than the average an app is giving you.

LauraK1987 Wed 14-Sep-16 20:53:16

Yeh that's what I thought too, thank you both

LauraK1987 Sat 17-Sep-16 21:46:15

I've had EWCM again today....really confused now! I had it lots the week commencing the 5th for pretty much all of that week and some at the beginning of last week. Towards the middle of last week it changed to creamy and now back to EWCM, no idea what's going on but OH is away with work till Monday so not much I can do in terms of having sex but I'm more confused about why I'm still getting that kind of CM. If I go by the apps I have, my fertile window ended yesterday?! I'm really trying to get to grips with my CM to make TTC easier but when things like this happen I just end up getting confused and anxious as I don't know what it all means! Sorry for the rant I just needed to vent my frustrations to people who are in the same boat and won't think I'm a psycho for getting so wound up over it!

MoonlightMojitos Sat 17-Sep-16 23:19:09

Sounds like you might benefit from doing opks or bbt for a cycle or 2 to figure out what's going on? This month is my first cycle doing both, I don't get much ewcm (just started taking epo to try and improve) and this week I got a bit of it on Monday and that was it, positive opk on Tuesday night and didn't actually ov until Thursday going by bbt so ewcm was a few days earlier than ov. Might be worth a shot for you to until you can spot your bodies cycle? Try not to worry too much though, the stress won't help! When I did get a BFP a few months ago I didn't notice any ewcm at all so it can happen without it and sounds like you're on to a good start if you are getting lots of it anyway!

LauraK1987 Mon 26-Sep-16 20:50:42

Sorry for such a late reply. Thank you, I have no idea how to temp or use opk's. I'm due on my period any time now really (actually date is the 28th) I'm praying I don't come on but I've started to get tell take twinges in my lower back and stomach....if I do come on I will look into opks and temping

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now