Could this be implantation bleeding?

(4 Posts)
lingo Wed 14-Sep-16 15:30:11

Hi all,

Cycle 2 of TTC#1. Today I've noticed very light brown spotting and am torn between getting my hopes up that it might be implantation bleeding or 'who knows what'. I'm on CD18 so period not due for almost two weeks (I'm averaging a 30 day cycle).

From clear blue digital tests and OPKs I'm fairly confident that I ovulated around CD11. From brief research it would seem that it could be implantation bleeding as it's 7 days or so after ovulation. However, reading also suggests that implantation bleeding is often confused with light periods as it can occur just a few days before AF - but I'm not expecting AF until CD30-32, so is it too early for implantation bleeding? Or should I ignore this because I ovulated relatively early in cycle compared to "the norm".

I'm also slightly confused as Ovia is saying I can test in 7 days time which would only be CD25 - would a test show as positive 5-7 days before AF is due?

I know the only real way to know is to wait but I'm relatively new to TTC and there's so much information out there!

SendTheNextOneIn Wed 14-Sep-16 20:10:02

If you did ovulate on CD11 then you generally need to wait 14 days after ovulation to get a correct result on a test. Some women may get a faint positive, if they are pregnant, from ten days after ovulation, but you should get a reliable result 14 days after. So CD25 isn't beyond the realms of possibility.

It could well be implantation spotting, I had it with my first pregnancy.

Good luck, and try not to drive yourself too crazy over the next few days! 😂

coatesy41 Mon 19-Sep-16 14:53:06

Hi,

We've been ttc #2 for 6 months after coming off the pill in March. I've been using opk's and on Fri 9/9/16 got the positive ovulation test. We had intercourse on this day. On 17/9/16 I woke up to a drop of blood on sheets. We had, had intercourse that night. I went to loo and it was bright red blood. I didn't insert a tampon, but by 10 am my pants were soaking and it had soaked through my leggings. I inserted a tampon. Later that day I removed the tampon and it wasn't full but it was dark red blood. I used another one. By sunday 18/9/16 I was still bleeding but much lighter. Today 19/9/16 there was no more blood but when I went to loo earlier it was bright pink when I wiped.
My AF is due 21/9/16. Could this be implantation bleeding. I don't seem to recall having this with my first?
Thanks

delilahbucket Sun 25-Sep-16 16:36:20

If you ovulate on cd11 and your period comes on cd30 you have a ridiculously long luteal phase. To be honest, brown blood on cd18 of a 30 day cycle sounds more likely to be related to ovulation than anything else.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now