In my forties, week late, neg test! Thoughts?

(10 Posts)
tobermory29 Wed 14-Sep-16 08:59:20

Hi everyone...any thoughts would be appreciated...Started my last period on 11th August, Ovulation was calculated to be from 22 - 27 August. Dtd on 21st August. My cycle is regular as clockwork, 28/29 days, but I'm 6 days late and tests are showing negative! Did a fmu this morning and was quite convinced there would be something, but no. Would it def be reading positive by now if pregnant? Is there a chance it's just not showing yet? If so why after nearly a week late? I'm in my 40's so time is precious! What would you think?

BoBo90 Wed 14-Sep-16 11:28:32

It might just not be showing because your slower to produce hcg or maybe the egg took loner to release than predicted. Or you may have ov'd a week or so later (due to stress/illness) or had an anovulatory cycle (it's normal to have 1-2 a year).

Did you use opk's/temping/notice obvious signs to confirm ov? Or do you just use apps?

How long have oyu been trying and off contraception?

tobermory29 Wed 14-Sep-16 11:55:00

Do you think at 6 days late there is still a possibility of no hcg being present?
I don't use anything to track ovulation other than the online ovulation calendar as a guide and my own symptoms...ovulation pain, discharge. Not been using any contraception since March :-)

CrepeDeChineWag Wed 14-Sep-16 11:58:29

Could be the start of your perimenopause. I have periods a week early, two weeks late and sometimes bang on my old cycle length.

tobermory29 Thu 15-Sep-16 09:46:22

Still nothing! angry

BooseysMom Thu 15-Sep-16 09:54:54

Hi.. I wanted to say good luck. I go thru exactly the same thing every month. I'm 44 and ttc no.2 and think I'm going into the peri menopause as i was 5 days early last month and 3 days over this month. Also getting some nasty mood swings and even feel sick all leading me to think i must be preg every time!! So frustrating. I'm about ready to give in. I don't bother with expensive tests. Just go with my own symptoms and mucus method mainly.xx

tobermory29 Thu 15-Sep-16 23:00:45

Good luck to you to BosseysMom. It's frustrating. Thought AF was coming yesterday as when I wiped it was pale brown, then once it was pale pink, then back to pale brown, but now it's back to practically clear so I don't know what to think now. Confused!

BooseysMom Fri 16-Sep-16 08:44:07

Hi Tobermory, good luck to you too. It is extremely frustrating. Like your own body plays tricks on you every cycle. I went to the doc yesterday and have to go for a blood test in 3 weeks. The doc said b/f does affect ovulation. He's the only one to have ever told me that. I thought if you had periods and fertile mucus then you were def ovulating! How are you today? Xx

tobermory29 Fri 16-Sep-16 23:07:33

Thank you. I'm ok today thanks. AF arrived this afternoon! Not sure how I feel tbh. Sometimes I wonder if I'm doing the right thing TTC at my age then other times I'm so frustrated that it's not happening. That's good ur getting blood tests, at least that will give you a clearer picture of what's happening with you and what you can do, if anything.

BooseysMom Thu 22-Sep-16 08:51:51

Hi tobermory, what is AF? I'm new-ish to this. I feel the same as i often wonder if it's a good idea ttc at my age. I think the fact we just have the one is playing on on my mind. I know DH wanted more than one and we keep seeing parents with two. But i think tbh it's totally knackering with just the one and i don't know how parents do it !! 😖

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now