How many weeks pregnant am I?

(10 Posts)
blossombottom Fri 09-Sep-16 15:57:42

My last period started on July 26th which puts me at 6 weeks 4 days, but I know I didn't ovulate / conceive until around CD 19, not the 'standard' 14 days. Would this make me less pregnant? Am I actually 5 weeks and 6 days??

Any opinions / theories much appreciated!

Soubriquet Fri 09-Sep-16 15:58:59

It will always be measured from your last period until your scan when you are given a more accurate date

SillyBub Fri 09-Sep-16 16:00:36

In my experience, they date you from your LMP up until your dating scan and then use that measurement from there onwards.

blossombottom Fri 09-Sep-16 16:10:39

Thank you!

SirVixofVixHall Fri 09-Sep-16 16:13:46

If you want to be more accurate, then take your ovulation date and add two weeks.

nennyrainbow Fri 09-Sep-16 16:24:57

As servix said. So yes, you would be 5 weeks 6 days.

McBaby Fri 09-Sep-16 16:27:49

I would count from ovulation less 14 days the midwives will use your lmp to calculate your due date but it's better to be moved forward at a later date than having to move back and re do a week!

blossombottom Fri 09-Sep-16 16:47:53

This is what I wondered! I have an early scan next week (I had a MMC in June) so will be interesting to see how they date me at that point... All being well, of course.

McBaby Fri 09-Sep-16 17:36:38

I had the Same situation with dd1 and told the so overpower at early scan of ovulation dates etc and what he saw matched to what I thought rather than seeing something a week smaller than he expected.

This was five years ago when they didn't bother adjusting due dates on what they saw at the 12 week scan so I was always a week ahead of where I thought I was!

BoBo90 Fri 09-Sep-16 17:49:14

They can tell you accurately at your scan but in te mean time use the nhs baby due date calculator. You put it the length of your cycle so it will account for the later ov than normal. It tells you how many weeks you currently are smile x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now