Sigh

(11 Posts)
astormgivenflesh Wed 07-Sep-16 19:19:25

Hey
AF was due yesterday, been feeling v bloated and gassy with some nausea now and then and cramps low down. Did a test today and it's negative. Not sure what's going on and feeling a bit demoralised tbh as it seems like it'll never happen sadsad

Tiredstressed Wed 07-Sep-16 19:25:51

It is a stressful time - difficult not to symptom spot. Have you been trying for long?

SummerHopin Wed 07-Sep-16 19:26:54

Hi there.
Sorry to hear that you are feeling like that. Basically there are two outcomes, either it is too early, or your AF is just a little late this month.
I'm afraid this might not make you feel any better, but I had a similar situation twice previously. Both sadly were just late AF - one of which was 9 days late. Mine is due to my having been on the pill for so long that my cycles are still settling down. This apparently is normal for a good 6 months after coming off - not sure if you were on anything before TTC?
Its an awful wait but all you can do is be patient. If it is a positive but just an early one then your HGC levels rise very quickly so if still no AF in a few days then maybe do another. The freuency of the tests you do will depend (1) on your wallet and (2) on your ability not to if AF doesnt arrive!
I wish you all the best and hope the outcome is a happy one.

smile

CatLady66 Wed 07-Sep-16 19:44:18

I'm in the same boat my love - AF is so far running 2 days late and still getting BFN.

So hard not to get our hopes up but it will happen for us both when the time is right! smile that's what I'm telling myself anyway! Xx

astormgivenflesh Wed 07-Sep-16 20:57:19

You are all so lovely and this community is honestly keeping me sane
Been trying for a while; came off the pill a year and a half ago and seriously trying for about 6 months I think - with ov sticks and tracking etc. I'm worried I'm too old (30) or too ill (have a chronic illness) to conceive and my dr makes me feel terrible every time i visit.
I will prob come on soon, just want it to happen you know so I can move on rather than this waiting game each month! Was two weeks late last month!

astormgivenflesh Wed 07-Sep-16 20:57:28

You are all so lovely and this community is honestly keeping me sane
Been trying for a while; came off the pill a year and a half ago and seriously trying for about 6 months I think - with ov sticks and tracking etc. I'm worried I'm too old (30) or too ill (have a chronic illness) to conceive and my dr makes me feel terrible every time i visit.
I will prob come on soon, just want it to happen you know so I can move on rather than this waiting game each month! Was two weeks late last month!

SparklySlippers Wed 07-Sep-16 22:51:27

Hi Fresh. Sorry to hear you're feeling crap. I'm 30 and I'm panicking I've left it too late but my mum has two kids in her 30's. I have pcos though and clomid isn't working so we're going down ivf route. It's surreal isn't it ? I never thought I'd have a problem conceieving

astormgivenflesh Wed 07-Sep-16 23:54:39

I guess I just assumed it would be easy. I feel very young in one way but my dr reassures (grr) me that I'm on my way to being a 'geriatric mother' and insists on terrifying me with stories of increased risk of miscarriage, ableist woes of disabled children and declining egg quality. My husband and I have been together for ten years so it's hard not to think I should have started years ago but we just weren't ready - university, careers, just enjoying marriage you know?
Every month I'm convinced this is it and then af arrives and I'm devastated. If one more well meaning person tells me to 'stop thinking about it' and to relax I might just have a break down. Doesn't help that everyone and their dog seems to be getting pregnant just looking at each other.

SparklySlippers Thu 08-Sep-16 07:10:30

Your dr sounds like an idiot. Mine tells me time is on my side but i do panic. However in my social group the average age of having babies is about 33 and i know a woman of 39 whose pregnant after two misscarriages.

SparklySlippers Thu 08-Sep-16 07:14:43

Also at times and im sure this is just me lol but i wonder if having kids is all its cracked up to be. I know plenty of people without kids who have great livesgrin

SummerHopin Thu 08-Sep-16 10:20:59

Personally I find that the more I think of ttc the more I scare myself as I only seem to remember tales of friends who have had to have IVF in their 20s and people who have had MCs one after the other. Truth is, for each of those there is another couple who are in their 30-40s who conceive completely naturally, but for some reason I'm finding that gives me less and less comfort the longer we take because I keep convincing myself that we are not going to be one of the lucky ones.

Its so hard to be caught between wanting to stay relaxed and worrying that you are ignoring a problem that is staring you in the face. I am still battling with how that one works out but will let you know if I find an answer........if you find a way to cope then please share! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now