When does the line get darker?

(8 Posts)
NannyW Sun 04-Sep-16 22:48:53

Hi, really anxious about this so hoping for some help. Got my bfp Friday evening, then again sat morning, this morning and tonight...I keep thinking that the line should be getting darker (closer to control line colour) but it hasn't changed at all and I'm worried that this is going to end sadly having had chemical pregnancy before. Sat mornings test was a first response and the others have all been Amazon cheapies. I read somewhere that the hormone doubles each day so line should be getting darker...can anyone shed some light? Think af should have arrived today, maybe tomo. I can't quite believe it's happened and now I feel so anxious. Thanks in advance

SparklyGlitterPants Mon 05-Sep-16 00:51:30

Hgc doubles every 2 to 3 days iirc. The levels also vary greatly between women even if they are at exactly the same day in the pregnancy. Try not to worry about your hcg levels, particularly given after isn't due yet. You may just have very low levels atm or have ovulate later than you thought so not be as far gone.

Fingers crossed for you for that this one is a sticky. I've had a couple of chemicals and it is absolutely horrible. Maybe give yourself a few days break from pos and try again a couple of days after af is due. Should darken up then for you.

NannyW Mon 05-Sep-16 07:18:05

Thanks, I think I've just been reading too much!

Slave2thecat Mon 05-Sep-16 07:21:09

I got my BFP at 10 dpo but the line didn't get significantly darker until 15-20 Dpo...

McBaby Mon 05-Sep-16 07:31:49

IC tests take ages to get darker I had bloods done last week my ic looked like a faint line could have even been an Evap line my hgc was 68!

Slave2thecat Mon 05-Sep-16 07:58:02

One of the reasons my second line didn't get darker consistently was how much water I drank overnight. Nothing to do with pregnancy but the more hydrated you are the lighter the line.

BettyOBarley Mon 05-Sep-16 08:01:22

My lines didn't get darker every day in fact it was hard to notice much of a change over a few days and I was convinced it was all going wrong (am now 38 weeks!) .

My advice that I didn't take myself would be you've got your BFP now stop testing!! flowers

TerriB84 Mon 05-Sep-16 08:05:23

You can't compare the lines of the first response test and the ic tests as they have different sensitivities. Even if your hcg levels have increased the line will not be darker yet on the ic as they are simply not as sensitive as the FR test.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now