Pos or neg OPK

(11 Posts)
MagicStarz6 Fri 02-Sep-16 23:44:56

Am I close to ovulation?

wantobeamum Sat 03-Sep-16 05:58:15

Hi magicstarz6! These are the same opks I'm using they can be quite difficult to read. I think its still got darker to get before its positive but maybe you're in your fertile window. Id start baby dancing, my husband and I bd until the Lin starts to faint after the positive...didn't work for us last month but fingers crossed for this month. Are you trying for baby no1?? Xx

MagicStarz6 Sat 03-Sep-16 12:24:46

Hi there, I took another one, what do you think of this one? Also first month of properly using them

MrsCharlieD Sat 03-Sep-16 13:43:08

I think that looks positive!

wantobeamum Sat 03-Sep-16 13:46:36

Looks pretty positive. Its got to be the same or if possible darker than the control line. It can be really hard to tell. Some people stick them in a book so they can compare the progress. I'm thinking of doing that lol

MagicStarz6 Sat 03-Sep-16 15:43:08

I'm convinced this is positive, I have compared it to yesterday's and it looks loads darker. Fingers crossed X

MrsGsnow18 Sat 03-Sep-16 15:52:54

I'd take that as positive! It might get darker but I'd definitely say ovulation will be within next 48 hours so have sex today and tomorrow!
I'm attaching a photo of mine from today which isn't quite as dark as control line I don't think yet but I'm taking it as positive because it can be sometimes very hard to narrow in on the small window of the surge when you will get a dark enough OPK line!
Good luck!

MagicStarz6 Sat 03-Sep-16 22:00:58

Ok so I've just taken the bottom ovulation test and it looks negative. Very confused now, we did have sex around 2 hours after I got the 'positive' this afternoon so hopefully we catch the egg!

MagicStarz6 Sat 03-Sep-16 22:02:09

Here's the picture. Middle test in this afternoons and bottom test in this evening.

MrsGsnow18 Sat 03-Sep-16 22:31:47

I think I've read online that the surge only lasts a few hours sometimes so I wouldn't worry about it being negative later on in the same day. This is why so many people never get positive OPKs I think!
They are so confusing though! For months I never got a positive OPK using the Internet cheapies, I eventually caved and got the clear blue digital ones with the smiley faces. I only use them when I start to see the line on the cheapies getting darker so as not to waste them as they are more expensive.
At least with a smiley face though you know for sure.

MagicStarz6 Sat 03-Sep-16 22:47:42

Very true, hard to tell what's going on but I've got my fingers crossed anyway and I hope this is our month! Will keep you updated X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now