Uterine lining 7mm

(7 Posts)
zaalitje Fri 02-Sep-16 21:35:09

I have been TTC for several months and had noticed my periods had been getting lighter, had a TV scan yesterday at approx CD20 and the lining of my womb was showing at only 7mm, everything I have found seems to say that this would be too thin to conceive, ideally lining should be about 9-11mm.

Can anyone here offer advise on how to thicken lining?

Also I would appreciate positive stories of anyone who has experienced the same.

zaalitje Sat 03-Sep-16 18:48:07

Anyone? Please . . .

Alibaba2 Sat 03-Sep-16 20:43:24

Hi Zaa,

I've never had my womb lining measured so don't have any experience but I've read that iron rich foods (I take spatone), raspberry leaf tea (up to ovulation only), l'arginine, epo, acupuncture and exercise may help.

You're not far off 9mm.

Has the GP offered any advice or explanation?

Mybeardeddragonjustdied2016 Sat 03-Sep-16 20:45:56

Vitamin e and selenium are for improving lining. Walnuts and pineapple core during the tww! I am ttc at 45. Had a mc in June.

Vlier Sat 03-Sep-16 20:48:41

Thicker is better but my fertility clinic said it had to be at least 6 mm.

MrsGsnow18 Sat 03-Sep-16 23:01:45

I've never had my lining measured so I'm not sure if I have issues with this but Raspberry leaf tea is supposed to help uterine lining. Def read about it online. I bought it in tea form and then switched to tablet form.

zaalitje Sun 04-Sep-16 13:11:50

Thanks for the replies

I'm a LONG way off 9mm unfortunately, my lining would need to increase by about 30% on where it is!

I'm already drinking raspberry leaf tea, eating broccoli and spinach and and brazil nuts and liver (not together).

I've started acupuncture and reflexology to try and help, all of this got me to 7mm . . .

It's another couple of weeks till I can get in to see the GP so hope I'll get answers then.

I had a mmc back in December, to start with thought it was my body settling after that, then my mum mentioned she'd been through menopause at 35, I'm a couple years on from that, so worried it may be that but FSH etc levels are all normal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now