Completely consumed.

(7 Posts)
user1468153786 Fri 02-Sep-16 20:02:53

Is anyone else completely obsessed with getting pregnant?! I don't even think hubby knows how much I think about it!

I've been trying since June with baby no.1 so really new to this whole thing. Have been using the app to track ovulation etc and just sort of winging it.

Every time AF is about to arrive (for like the 5 days before) I completely freak out.. I'm looking for signs, symptoms, testing non-stop and then getting really sad when she comes.

I know this is completely irrational but I just want a lil baba so much and am terrified it'll take years.

Anyone else on the same boat and do you have any ways of coping?

EJ1986 Sat 03-Sep-16 08:13:44

Im with you hun. Sadly its actually causing harm to our marriage as i am quite low at the moment because i'm so desperate. We are only in the early months of trying (or were until DH told me we were putting it on hold because of us arguing because im down over this) but ive been ready for a baby for years. Im barely coping with my desperation to be a Mum and as i say ive stopped seeing friends with children & husband is so tired of me feeling down about it. All i do is try not to talk about it with him and plan nice things. Silly as sounds im booking things i couldnt do if i was pregnant.

DropYourSword Sat 03-Sep-16 08:17:15

In the nicest possible way, you've only been trying for two months. It can be a long haul experience and I don't think it's healthy to be this full on so soon. It can take healthy couples with no fertility issues up to a year to conceive. It might be best to not track ovulation etc at least for the first 6 months. Sometimes 'trying' too hard is counterproductive!

user1468153786 Sat 03-Sep-16 09:32:51

No I completely understand - I know I'm being irrational but I literally can't stop thinking about it. I try to keep busy and not think about it but the few days before AF is due I literally become obsessed sad

EJ1986 Sat 03-Sep-16 10:53:43

I dont think it is irrational. Unhealthy yes probably but i dont think the amount of time you have been trying is necessarily indicatove of how much it hurts. I was ready 4 years ago but DH wasnt. On the other hand i have a friend who has been trying a year but isnt too bothered either way.

MrsCharlieD Sat 03-Sep-16 12:27:35

Yep me. Ds took 4 years to conceive and now we're trying for dc2. I'm utterly consumed and miserable about it, especially after having a chemical in July.

Binkybunny13 Sat 03-Sep-16 17:51:11

I can totally sympathise- have been trying since June also and the rational part of me knows that this is no time at all, but when it's something you want so much you spot every single symptom and become a little crazy! My DH is very practical about it all and is trying to keep me sane but it is hard, especially when you realise you might not get lucky for months, even at all sad
It's awful to say but I find it's comforting to hear that other people feel the same and am amazed at the support that total strangers can give. Fingers crossed we all get the BFP we are hoping for soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now