Experience please ... Recent diagnosis of PCOS and TTC ... What's next?

(6 Posts)
Tweetypie95 Fri 02-Sep-16 14:09:21

I had blood tests last week and have now been diagnosed with PCOS – I have an appointment next Wed at the Drs. Unsure and a little afraid of the unknown.

what are your stories, what was next for you and when did you get BPF? or how far along in the process are you!

Thanks ladies. I know it's only 5 more days, want to make sure I get the most out of my appointment.

mysteriousbat Wed 07-Sep-16 12:39:35

I guess you have your appt today but thisbhas been my experience.
Referred to fertility clinic ( average wait 3 months ish) hormone screen and scans done on me and semen analysis on partner. His results were frankly awful so he has also had some hormones and genetic testing. I had a scan to confirm pcos and then a hsg (which i had yesterday) which checks your tubes are clear. Which one of mine appears not to be. So as you can tell, we have had a pretty crappy result. However, if things had gone better I would have just needed clomid to help ovulation and that hopefully would have done the trick. It is the first port of call in pcos fertility with no male problems anyway. Good luck today

Theonlywayis Wed 07-Sep-16 14:28:04

Ask your doctor about whether metformin might be helpful. Clomid never worked for me bc it just made my lining too thin but I got pregnant on met. It also helps with other pcos symptoms like weight gain and acne too and can lower your risk for diabetes and heart disease.

mellowyellow1 Wed 07-Sep-16 14:33:42

Metformin worked for me, tried for 6 months and had no luck and chemical pg but as soon as I took Metformin fell pregnant within a month. Had to really push to get it though as my PCOS symptoms were not that bad.

BettyOBarley Wed 07-Sep-16 14:43:25

Once I was diagnosed after a scan we were referred to the fertility clinic which took a few months. We had an initial appointment with consultant where LOTS of blood was taken from me. DH had to give a sperm sample to the local hospital. I asked the consultant about Metformin but was told it wasn't given in our area for PCOS so it would've been Clomid.

Luckily I fell pregnant the following month with no treatment (that was 18 months ttc) so it never went any further and I fell pregnant the first month of trying this time so we were very lucky.

Good luck flowers

MrsSecker Wed 07-Sep-16 14:45:28

Metformin is the key! I have PCOS also and have a 4 year old DS and am currently 28 weeks pg. they both took 2.5 years to conceive but we got there in the end! Baby dust to you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now