TTC - Being told I shouldn't bodyboard?

(6 Posts)
SaigonSaigon Mon 29-Aug-16 20:30:46

I'm TTC #2 and I'm 41. I'm currently on hols and have been bodyboarding in the sea today, and generally having fun doing so. I'm with family, they're all knocking back the vino and its fairly noticeable I'm not joining in. They know we're trying so its fine. But my Mum has just said its a bit crazy I'm avoiding alcohol but still doing stuff like bodyboarding. Is she right? I'm about 5-6 DPO. I hadn't given it any thought and now she's got me worrying... I don't live by the sea so I'm only doing it whilst here. But what about other similar activity if you're trying - should you avoid it? I'm losing all common sense now....

NotSpartacus Mon 29-Aug-16 20:34:28

It's fine, in fact it probably is a good thing to get your blood pumping.

SweepTheHalls Mon 29-Aug-16 20:35:44

I body boarded at 5 months pregnant!

sentia Mon 29-Aug-16 20:36:01

Eh? Does your mum understand how babies are made? What on earth does she think bodyboarding is going to do?

SaigonSaigon Mon 29-Aug-16 21:22:39

Thank you - you've all made me feel better!

SaigonSaigon Mon 29-Aug-16 21:34:08

I presume Mum is thinking that while I'm in this month's 2ww I shouldn't be doing anything so sporty (especially stomach based sport!) to risk a possible pregnancy. It hadn't even crossed my mind....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now