Positive stories of conception post miscarriage

(17 Posts)
Wibblewobble100 Sat 27-Aug-16 11:24:25

TTC number 2. We were so lucky with Number 1 and it was super straightforward. Number 2 less so. Finally Got a BFP on cycle 7 but MC at 5 weeks. I know that's not unusual, or even that long but I'm sad. I have lots of questions about what next, but every time I read a thread about TTC after miscarriage there are so many lovely ladies still trying many months and some times several more miscarriages down the line, and it scares the crap after me. Would love to hear stories from people who had an early miscarriage and went on to have a successful pregnancy in the next 6 months. Thank you in anticipation.

loztredders Sat 27-Aug-16 13:02:44

We miscarried our first pregnancy and I got pregnant again on the cycle no. 2 after that and had a healthy little girl.

Started trying for no 2 and miscarried that first cycle. I'm now pregnant again and this was also cycle no 2 following the miscarriage - only 5 weeks so too early to say wether it'll turn out well but fingers crossed. So for me getting pregnant after miscarriage has been fairly straightforward both times.

Good luck and sorry for your loss

SirKillalot Sat 27-Aug-16 13:21:53

Exactly the same happened to me. Ttc
No.1 happened really quickly, ttc no.2 took a bit longer and I mc at 5 weeks. I did conceive again though two months later and now have a happy 2 year old!

Wibblewobble100 Sat 27-Aug-16 21:48:52

Thanks guys this is what I need to hear!

LadyNymeriaGhost Sat 27-Aug-16 21:51:04

MMC at 11 weeks when we first started trying, but then conceived DD 4 months afterwards, and she's now 3. x

Brenna24 Sat 27-Aug-16 21:59:43

I am one of the repeat offenders off TTC after MC. Please don't take examples like mine as standard. Just remember that people like me end up over-represented on the boards as we hang around for a long time because we have a problem. For most people, they miscarry and then they go on to have a perfectly normal pregnancy (with a lot more stress, I bet) and thus don't stick around. This makes it look more common to have long term problems than it is. I am so sorry for your losses and I really hope that your next one is a sticky one. flowers

HariboBrenshnio Sat 27-Aug-16 22:07:38

I miscarried in-between DS (2) and DD (8 months). It was a MMC at 9 weeks found at my 12 week scan. I fell pregnant first month of trying with DS and the baby we lost but DD took 5 months after the miscarriage. I think it just took my body longer to recover and I was putting a lot of pressure on myself. The month we conceived I lost a few pounds, drank a ton of water and used conceive plus lube. TTC after a MC is such an emotional rollercoaster, I really feel for you. Good luck! We're a happy ending story and I hope you are soon too.

ljomrs Sun 28-Aug-16 09:08:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TrainWrecka Sun 28-Aug-16 09:12:27

I conceived DC1 on first month of trying and had a straightforward pregnancy.

I conceived a second time on 4th month of trying, but miscarried at 8 weeks.

Conceived again 5 months later (3rd month of trying) and had DC2 grin

Early miscarriage is very common. Its upsetting, but it doesn't usually have any bearing on your ability to go on and have a healthy pregnancy. Good luck flowers

doleritedinosaur Sun 28-Aug-16 09:13:45

I've had the same problem. DS conceived no problems.
Started TTC in October 2015, 2 chemicals in December & January then MC at around 5 weeks in April.

Currently 12 weeks pregnant & everything is fine so far after 2 scans.

I had a month's break but I know people who have had longer.

Northernlight22 Sun 28-Aug-16 09:16:10

MC last August and I'm now 33+4 and expecting a little boy due in October. Everything fine so far

AprilShowers16 Sun 28-Aug-16 09:16:34

I had a miscarriage at 5 weeks with DC1, it was really difficult and I was so worried that it would happen again and again. I got pregnant again 2 months later and he's now lying next to me, 4 weeks pls wriggling away and refusing to take a nap and let me catch up on sleep!

The first 12 weeks of my 2nd pregnancy were difficult as I was so worried about it happening again and felt like is lost the blissful ignorance of my first pregnancy but we got through it and like everyone has said try to remember that it's very common and the majority of women go in to have normal pregnancies smile

pastabest Sun 28-Aug-16 09:16:43

I miscarried in Jan and I'm now 17 weeks pregnant. Took 3-4 months to conceive on both occasions.

Macauley Sun 28-Aug-16 09:16:46

Mc at 11 weeks after falling pregnant first cycle. I'm 19 weeks pregnant just now after 2 cycles post mc. First cycle we didn't really try and I wanted to have an af after the mc so no real difference smile

Grapefruit8 Sun 28-Aug-16 09:19:41

Hi, we conceived our first baby on second cycle of trying but unfortunately had MMC at 11 weeks. It then took six cycles to conceive again. I am now 24 weeks pregnant!

somekindofmother Sun 28-Aug-16 09:32:55

I had a mc at 5 weeks and conceived ds1 on the next cycle smile was incredibly worried throughout because of it but we were very lucky to catch first cycle after

iloveberries Sun 28-Aug-16 09:35:59

Dc1 conceived month 1 of trying
35 wks with dc2...
Lost baby to ectopic @ 7 weeks after 7 months of trying
Lost baby to MMC @ 11 weeks after 4 months of trying
Lost baby to MC @ 6 weeks after 5 months of trying
Pregnant next cycle and so far so good with this one. Hopeful X

flowers good luck to you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now