TTC -Now on Cycle 11 :(

(20 Posts)
lucylou1234 Fri 26-Aug-16 19:55:56

Hey Guys,

not been on here a while. still TTC and now on cycle 11 sad not quite the year yet but totally disheartened and scunnered (scottish lol). Need to lose weight BMI way too hi but just cant get motivated - u wud think a baby would be motivation enough but hey ho - when im stressed i eat sad

just having a moan really sad hope you guys are having better luck than me.

miraflores81 Sun 04-Sep-16 23:32:55

Hi Lucy, am similar to you, 35 and ttc #1
Cycle 11/12 and feeling like it wont happen for us, just feel its so unfair!
I'm paranoid that its my fault that we cant get pregnant and imagining all sorts of things. Everyone tells you not to stress about it but its so hard!
We have just started fertility tests at gp.
Have you started investigations yet?
brew

lucylou1234 Mon 05-Sep-16 13:45:02

hi mira well guess thats me now offficially on cycle 12 sad first signs of AF on her way sad which i celbrated eating a whole multipack of iced gems

Im 31 and have just made an appointment with GP for friday ive got a feeling he will fob me off till november - but truth is i have been off the pill 2 years come this december (still using protection) but not a single hint of a prgnancy except my paranoia.

me and 2 friends started trying to concieve at start of year and they are both pregnant sad i am happy for them but keep geetting the feeling i dont ever think it will be my time x

Just spoke to OH on the phone about phoning the GP for tests and he responded "why do i need to go for tests?" he then said he wasnt comfortable talking about it over the phone so will speak about it when he gets back. oh joy!

miraflores81 Mon 05-Sep-16 20:07:04

I know you're younger than me but they should take you seriously after ttc for 12 months.
I feel sad everytime I see anything baby related, so can empathise with you about your mates who are pg. Having just sent OH for SA I think men feel especially nervous about it I suppose it is quite awkward when they have to send a sample in "fresh"!
The first thing they've done with us is SA and I have to give day 21 progesterone and Chlamydia and rubella tests.
Good luck with it smile

lucylou1234 Mon 12-Sep-16 11:45:36

well miraflores81 i went to gp and he says my oh has to go for sa and hes asked me to get mid cycle bloods done just to see where were at. I feel like i cant really talk to any on e about it - even those who know were ttc - there all pregnant now.

how does ur 21 day prgesterone work is it 2 blood tests or 1 ? is it day 21 of your cycle - im not really sure when to book it x

miraflores81 Mon 12-Sep-16 12:42:38

Ha I just had my day21 done now! Just got back from doctors after having seen a complete cowbag!
Anyway, because I ovulated late, day 21 would have only been 2 days post ovulation which from my own research would've been too early, so I actually had them done on day 25. I think you want them optimally 7 dpo. Does that make sense? its just the one test.
I'm hoping we can get the SA and progesterone tests back next week when we go back to the doctors...
Remember day 1 is first day of period (I keep thinking its day 0 for some reason)
I hate this ttc business especially when other people seem to fall so easily.
Sorry if I sound grumpy but think I have pmssad

lucylou1234 Mon 12-Sep-16 12:48:43

i totallyknow where your coming from sad i just felt like such a failure sitting in the gps office when askign all the usual questions - have you ever been pregnant have you or your partner got kids etc no, no, no i know that sounds horrible - he's basicially trying to see who the problem is with sad

so the test has to be after you ovulate ? ive been temping and so far have seen a clear thermal shift so i could use that as a guide as to when to book them ?

lucylou1234 Mon 12-Sep-16 12:50:05

hey never even called it day 21 test - just mid cycle test so im assuming its to check prgesterone to see if ive ovulated?

miraflores81 Mon 12-Sep-16 18:34:16

Hi Lucy,
Yes I think the progesterone is just to check if you've ovulated but I think if ur progesterone isn't high enough it could be why you haven't conceived so they could medicate that if that's the problem.
I haven't done temping so I'm not sure how that works but so long as you hit midpoint between ovulation and when you get ur period you should be ok. From the graphs I've seen online progesterone should be high from around 5-10dpo for a "standard" cycle of 30 days. So I would've thought you were alright if you hit around those days- its not a narrow peak like LH.
That said they still put that I was day 25 on the form for my blood. I hope the lab doesn't think its wrong...
I wonder why ur Dr called it a mid cycle test. Do you think he meant LH test? I haven't come across that because I've been using opk at home...

lucylou1234 Tue 13-Sep-16 12:21:32

hi miraflores i tried phoning the gp surgery to confirm what blood test it was needed n the receptionist told me "the nurse is aware of what bloods are needed and she said you can book in any day any time" - it doenst give me much hope if she doesnt know much about hormones and cycles. as he said it was one test ill take and educated guess that its the progesterone hes looking for and book once ive seen a thermal shift - that way i know ive ovulated.

gosh feel so down about it all now. just feel like theres no one i can talk to about it all sad

miraflores81 Tue 13-Sep-16 21:01:59

Hmm I would've thought the first set of tests you would need would be day 21 and SA for your OH at least. That's what I had but I suppose different surgeries do things differently.
Does ur gp do phone consultations/appts? Perhaps a chat with a professional is in order to put ur mind at rest.
Because I work in the next door lab to where some of my tests will be done I asked what the tests were for before I gave the blood samples and you would think I was asking for the moon on a stick! So in the end I only gave the day 21 and unsure what else may be needed. I made me and OH an appt next week and hoping to discuss results and everything then.
Its hard enough for us ttc without people making it harder! I don't think its unreasonable to discuss the tests before you give the bloods. In fact the Dr should have discussed this with you at the time. The one piece of advice I had from the surgery that was useful is choose a Dr you get on with and try and see them especially with a complex issue like this as you can build a relationship.
I know what you feel like as I don't have anyone to speak to about it either which is probably why I come on here.
Maybe after you've braced the receptionist again (!) book you and OH a treat of some description, something you can look forward to and take ur mind off things, I think that's what we're going to do.
Good luck with it, let me know how you get on x

lucylou1234 Wed 14-Sep-16 00:48:48

ah the difficulty is me and my OH are with different GP's sad I was with his one but had a falling out with them and went else where. I previously suffered from depression and phoned looking for an appointment only to be told i had to wait 3 weeks. i was feeling really anxious at the time and had to explain how i felt over the phone to a nurse i had never met to be basically told I was not a priority and would have to wait 3 weeks. This was after choosing this surgery as they supposedly had a drop in in the mornings. 3 weeks is far too long for anyone with depression and anxiety so i left.

Just means its going to be hard to co-ordinate tests etc sad My oh has an appointment with his GP for SA on the advice of my own which is in 3 weeks time (his gp waiting times r a joke )

miraflores81 Wed 14-Sep-16 11:00:43

Aah I see. I'm sorry to hear that Lucy, depression is a b***h!
It must be horrible for you both to go through it separately at different gps. Could he move to ur gp too? Or maybe both move somewhere else or is that taking things too far???
How is ur depression now? Have you had treatment?
Have you tried sperm meets egg plan? I heard it mentioned on MN, I think me and OH will try it next cycle if I don't get my bfp this month. Its basically just about getting ur timings right and dtd enough which is what me and OH struggle with to be honest!
Hope you manage to get somewhere with your gpflowers

miraflores81 Tue 20-Sep-16 17:54:27

lucy how are you, how have you been getting on?

sk1pper Tue 20-Sep-16 18:08:12

My advice is simple - when you go to the GP lie about how long you've been TTC. Even if it's a year, make it two. I have been screwed around by my GP no end, sometimes they just don't take it seriously enough.

lucylou1234 Tue 20-Sep-16 21:49:14

Hey Guys,

Finally got hold of the nurse - its been a bank holiday weekend. She says its day 21 bloods to check for progesterone so at least i know where am at now smile

so - should i book it for 7 days after ovulation ? ill need to make sure im keeping proper tabs of my temps to make sure i know when to book it for.

thanks sk1pper ive been off the pill for nearly 2 years now (not been ttc that long ) and been getting folic acid since before i officially started ttc so from my notes it would like im ttc longer than i actually have - though it is now cycle 12 im on sad

MouseLove Tue 20-Sep-16 22:08:05

Hey lucylou
You obviously want this a lot. What is stopping you from losing the weight you want? It WILL help and as someone who's bigger too it's so much more than just a bit of weight. It's about being body and mind strong that you can do this. Your body will benefit from being stronger, handle carrying a baby better and you'll probably feel better afterwards.

I only say this as I have lost 2 stone this year as prep for TTC. There's been lots of tears, begging, and harsh realities. I needed to give myself a better chance than I was doing. Don't get me wrong. I'm still a size 16/18 and probably considered morbidly obese but I feel much better than before. I still eat cheese. I had a donut after my evening meal. Do it with your partner, I'm sure you can support each other in your goals.

You can do this Lucylou. Don't be disheartened, I'm sure the Doc will give you something to increase your chances but in the meantime, make sure you're doing everything you can!! Get it girl!!!!

miraflores81 Tue 20-Sep-16 22:14:53

How longs ur cycle lucy? I think for most people 7dpo is fine from my research you basically need to hit midpoint between ovulation and beginning of AF. Feel annoyed for you that you didn't get better guidance from your gp practice! Oh well at least you know what ur doing now...
Btw there is a fertility programme on tonight 10.45 bbc1. I might iplayer it tomorrow smile

lucylou1234 Thu 22-Sep-16 18:20:51

thanks mouselove -reality certainly is settling in. I was talking about this with my OH. I have came to the conclusion that if im infertile and fat - i can blame being fat. If im infertile and slim what is there to blame? I know its crazy thinking :O Going to a spin class tonight so hopefully kick start my motivation.

mira my cycles seem to be going crazy irregular i think ive ovulated way earlier than usual - CD 10 grin I've only just realised which means i have to get my blood test on monday and even then it will be a day out sad

lucylou1234 Fri 23-Sep-16 13:39:50

Just been to get my bloods taken. Results should be in for Tuesday. I asked if there was a mistake about ovulation if it would be picked up n she said yes and I can go back in if I think I've made a mistake this time round smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now