Let's talk about ewcm

(18 Posts)
MoonlightMojitos Thu 25-Aug-16 21:46:56

A thread for over sharing and TMI'ing me with your ewcm experiences.

I get ewcm every cycle for around half a day. One or two toilet trips and it's come and gone. I (very stupidly) Googled it in an attempt to find out what timescale it means in terms of ov (like do you ov an hour later, a day later etc) and it said most women under 30 will have an average of 5 DAYS of it and women over 30 an average of 2 days. Where do they get these stats?!

So... fill me in on your average ewcm days. And anyone who's successfully taken anything or done anything to improve it tips also welcome!

FuzzyOwl Thu 25-Aug-16 21:50:41

Evening Primrose Oil increases the amount and the duration - take about 3000mg but you must stop when you ovulate.

MoonlightMojitos Thu 25-Aug-16 21:52:46

Does it actually though from your personal experience? I have heard that and was thinking of giving it a go next cycle (too late this one) but I've heard a lot of 'it's meant to' and not many 'it's worked for me'

FuzzyOwl Thu 25-Aug-16 21:55:57

It definitely worked for me and I've taken it on two of the three occasions I have become pregnant.

physicskate Thu 25-Aug-16 22:12:18

EPO did not work for me. I generally get EWCM for about a day and didn't get ANY with EPO. So I gave it up after a cycle. Not very conclusive... I know!

Missgraeme Thu 25-Aug-16 22:15:56

Never noticed I ever get any! Used conceive plus and got a bfp several times!

KittyWindbag Fri 26-Aug-16 05:05:42

Moonlight I'm in the same boat as you, I don't get much EWCM at all, there's only one day where I ever get it.

I asked my doctor and she said it's normal to not have days of it. She told me to stay away from the internet smile She always tells me everything is normal.

I have started taking Evening Primrose Oil and I have also bought some preseed to try this month, just to help improve the chances. Although I am sceptical of both things.

loztredders Fri 26-Aug-16 07:51:31

I never got ANY EWCM at ovulation the last cycle I got pregnant so I wouldn't worry too much about it being the be all and end all :-)

MoonlightMojitos Fri 26-Aug-16 12:39:00

kitty defo keep me updated on if it makes a difference please!

I definitely agree Google is not my friend!

loz thanks smile I got a BFP 2 cycles ago which unfortunately ended in mc so I know I can get pregnant I just want to do all I can to try and increase our chances of it happening again as quickly as possible!

user1471874092 Sun 28-Aug-16 14:02:25

Hi MoonlightMojitos

Am 38 yrs and TTC for 1 year

I get about 4-5 days every month of EWCM (usually see it after bowel movement!)

Take fish oils and drink lots of water to increase it.

Alb1 Sun 28-Aug-16 14:26:22

I used to get loads before kids but since giving birth I haven't had any ewcm at all, feeling quite down about it! Crazy the things that can get us down when TTC. We use conceive plus but might switch to preseed, going to try evening primrose oil next month too I think

KittyWindbag Wed 21-Sep-16 03:37:27

Hi everyone, I remembered this thread so thought I would update you.

I got my BFP this month and we are overjoyed smile

Now, part of me is inclined to believe it's simply because we've been trying roughly 6 months and that's the average number of cycles that it takes.

But for the past two months I did up my intake of Evening primorose oil to two caps per day. I think I noticed a slight increase in EWCM but not suddenly buckets of it (sorry).

During the last month I also used preseed, so it is likely a combination of all these things that helped!

Good luck to you all smile

KittyWindbag Wed 21-Sep-16 03:43:41

got my bfp 11 dpo, now 16dpo. Please stick little bean.

haveacupoftea Wed 21-Sep-16 06:48:19

Drinking loads of water helped the quality of my cm. I went from having not much, to having a couple of days of little globs, back to usual for a day, the one full day of long thick strands of ewcm. And I am 30

DizzyNorthernBird Wed 21-Sep-16 14:39:26

I get loads of ewcm for 5 days. I'm 36. Been ttc for almost 2 years with no bfp so I don't think quantity makes much difference tbh!

AliceScarlett Wed 21-Sep-16 16:56:19

Never get it. One day of watery if I'm lucky, 99% of the time it's creamy. I've on cycle 11 though, so.

MoonlightMojitos Wed 21-Sep-16 17:06:50

Congrats kitty and thanks for the update! I've been taking evening primrose oil this month and didn't notice any difference unfortunately. Now 6 dpo so will up the dosage next month if bfn again.

Alibaba2 Wed 21-Sep-16 21:09:15

I'm 40 and only noticed a small amount for a day or 2. I've been taking epo and drinking grapefruit juice for 2-3 months and this cycle really upped my water intake (approx 2 litres per day). I now have loads of ewcm, I've never noticed so much in my life. And it started at cd6.

I hope it's a good thing rather than something being wrong...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now