Is this a chemical?

(20 Posts)
DrMum83 Thu 25-Aug-16 21:02:16

I'm driving everyone around me crazy so hoping you can be brutally honest with me.
Here are FRERs from 11dpo to 14dpo (today)
I spotted days 10 and 11 but nothing since.

I know I shouldn't be checking everyday, I know there are so many factors influencing the colour of the dye but I can't help but worry that progression is poor and this pregnancy is destined to end soon. I have had 2 pre MMCs at around 8 weeks. (And a DD in the middle)
Thanks for looking.

MrsSecker Thu 25-Aug-16 21:04:53

The last one looks darker than the first two so to me looks like it's progressing. I know it's super hard to not test every day but if you do don't panic. I'm currently 26 weeks pregnant and for about two weeks at the beginning I peed on sticks every day comparing lines and they didn't get darker, the reason was they were the same brand of test so only had a certain amount of dye in in the first place. I did a couple of digis that show how many weeks and that made me feel better! Try not to stress too much. Xx

loztredders Thu 25-Aug-16 21:06:50

It looks to be good progression to me!

I know the panic and need to keep testing. I've had 1 mmc and 1 miscarriage and 1 DD and currently pregnant with my 4th pregnancy now (4plus4) I tested multiple times a day but have managed not to test for the past few days.

MrsSecker Thu 25-Aug-16 21:07:08

Sorry just re-read and realised you mentioned about the dyes etc! Maybe test every other day to check progression. Or something else I also did was as if had a previous chemical I got my GP to do the HCG blood tests tests to put my mind at ease, once these came back as progressing I was happy. Maybe worth asking your GP?

DrMum83 Thu 25-Aug-16 21:07:45

Thanks, it's such a horrible scary time isn't it? Glad all went well with you!
When did you notice a real darkening?

DrMum83 Thu 25-Aug-16 21:16:38

Thanks loz - congrats, I'm 4+1 (I hope), what a coincidence (horrible one) in terms of 2 MCs, a DD and now 4 weeks into a fourth pregnancy for both of us.

Well done on not testing.. Have you got any test pics you want to share? No worries if not. You seem a bit more sensible than me!

DrMum83 Thu 25-Aug-16 21:17:34

mresecker can't get to see my GP for another 10 days unfortunately, reckon I'll know either way by then..

MrsSecker Thu 25-Aug-16 21:23:51

If you're 4+1 I wouldn't worry too much about darkening yet, some of my tests even looked lighter than previous tests and I would panic. Sending baby dust

DrMum83 Thu 25-Aug-16 21:25:33

Thanks mrssecker best of luck with the little one!

MrsSecker Thu 25-Aug-16 21:26:12

Thank you! Keep us posted xx

haveacupoftea Thu 25-Aug-16 21:32:15

Doesn't look like a chemical to me x

hootatoot Thu 25-Aug-16 21:34:41

It looks like progression to me so fingers crossed for you. Sorry to hear of your losses flowers. Like you both I have had 2 mmcs with a dd in between and poas yesterday and had a really strong line (in fact I did 2!) and think I should be 4+1. I'm doubting it though because of how strong the line was. If I was just 4+1 would you expect the line to be faint ish? Had last mmc medically managed on 24 June but did have period of sorts (though not a normal one for me) in July though. What do you think?

DrMum83 Thu 25-Aug-16 21:41:25

thanks cupoftea
hoot - sorry you've been through the shit of losses too. It's awful.

Did you get a negative test after medical management? You may be further on that you think, maybe you ovulated and caught soon after medical management and the weird period was implantation or something?
Pic?

hootatoot Thu 25-Aug-16 21:49:25

Thanks, it's crap isn't it? That's what I was thinking but there was a considerable amount of bleeding for implantation bleeding though having said that my sister had periods throughout her first pregnancy. Pic attached.

loztredders Thu 25-Aug-16 21:49:55

DR I don't have pics I'm afraid as I threw out the tests and deleted all the pics so I'd stop agonising over wether the lines were darker or not!

DrMum83 Thu 25-Aug-16 21:52:34

Wow! Yeh, very positive!! I guess you'll have to wait for a scan.. Would you go for an early private scan?

hootatoot Thu 25-Aug-16 21:57:59

I did with my dd so might do again. The thing I really hate about the whole process is sitting through the booking appointment for an hour at 8 wks not knowing if it's a successful pregnancy or not. I found out at the 12 wk scan on both of my mmcs so just hate the whole first 12 wks (well 20 really as I didn't really relax with my pregnancy with dd until after the 20 wk scan).the system just seems backwards to me.sad

DrMum83 Thu 25-Aug-16 22:07:45

Yeh, I know what you mean. I book in for early scans as the thought of getting all the way to twelve to be told bad news is horrible. I had a mmc in April, saw the heartbeat twice and on the third occasion, found out.
So cruel.

Your test is looking lovely though, hopefully it's a good sign for a successful 9 months!

hootatoot Fri 26-Aug-16 06:11:13

Fingers crossed for us all!

loztredders Fri 26-Aug-16 07:44:45

I found out at my 12 week scan with my mmc too and then on my pregnancy with my daughter booked an 8 week private scan to put my mind at rest.

Don't think we will be able to do private scan this time though as we will be away on holiday so won't have time to get booked in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now