Miscarriage and chemical

(6 Posts)
MagicStarz6 Thu 25-Aug-16 10:49:31

I had a miscarriage in March at 6 weeks, and just experienced a chemical pregnancy. Is there something wrong with me?
I have booked in for a blood test with the doctor but I am becoming very worried. Anyone been in the same situation?

physicskate Thu 25-Aug-16 12:25:31

Sorry for your losses. From what I've gathered, early miscarriage is more often a genetic problem with the foetus and is sadly very common. Good idea to seek reassurance from your gp.

Missgraeme Thu 25-Aug-16 12:28:26

Sorry for your losses. Chemical pregnancies are so common. Prob wouldn't pick up on them if we didn't test early! I had 2 in a row the week af was due then a mc at 8 weeks. Age related for me tho as I am 45. Apparently up to of 1/4 periods of women ttc are chemicals my Dr told me.

PepsiPenguin Thu 25-Aug-16 12:30:17

Strongly advise you go and see your GP to talk things through.

Any pregancy loss is difficult to cope with and it is good to have on record.

Investigations don't usually start until number 3, but it's worth talking about it with your GP.

It's not your fault, it really isn't and it may just very sadly (and it will seem very unfair) be that you have been unlucky please be kind to yourself. And I'm so sorry for your losses flowers miscarriage boards under body and soul may help x

Letswaitandsee Thu 25-Aug-16 22:45:33

I had a mc at 5 weeks three years ago. Then a chemical in April this year. I know this sounds a bit wishy washy often but it's just one of those things. If it happens again you can ask to attend the reccurant mc clinic and they can do further test.

I hope things turn out right for you. flowers

FourForYouGlenCoco Thu 25-Aug-16 22:53:39

Agree with everything people have said so far - miscarriage is sadly so common that it really is just one of those things. Especially chemical pregnancies - many women probably have lots of these and never realise (aren't trying, didn't test early etc).
I was in exactly the same situation as you, with a happy ending. I had a mmc at 11w and then a chemical pregnancy a few months later. Was convinced there was something wrong with me. Fell pregnant again the next cycle and basically just waited to miscarry so I could get the ball rolling on recurrent MC tests. That miscarriage never happened - my 5 week old is asleep next to me now. The first 12 weeks were relentlessly stressful, but we got through it. So you may well have just been unlucky and next time all will be well. flowers for you though, it's such a shitty thing to go through. Was not a good time for me, but (clichéd though it is!) it was all worth it in the end.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now