EWCM two days after ovulation.

(6 Posts)
Writerwannabe83 Tue 23-Aug-16 07:14:12

Morning everyone,

I had a copious amount of EWCM on the 19th of August followed by a strong positive OPK two days later.

This morning, now at 2dpo I have had another episode of a large amount of EWCM when I wiped after having a wee.

I was confused and took another OPK and the test line was barely visible.

Is it normal to have EWCM shortly after ovulation?

Alibaba2 Tue 23-Aug-16 07:53:49

Hi Writer, I had the same thing. I dtd just in case but think I'd already ov'd.

Are you temping?

McBaby Tue 23-Aug-16 08:46:02

I had this yesterday with a temp drop apparently it's a estrogen surge at 2dpo as long is temp is good tomorrow I would assume ovulation has passed.

Writerwannabe83 Tue 23-Aug-16 10:37:41

I can't temp unfortunately as I'm up
1-2 times a night with my DS so I wouldn't be able to take temperatures daily at identical times and after 4 hours of uninterrupted sleep.

I suppose I could DTD tonight but that would mean we've done it 4 days out of 6 and I feel too tired for that grin

McBaby Tue 23-Aug-16 10:47:35

I am up in the night with dd and have insomnia but do mange to get a pattern of low temps before o and high afterwards (with a few random ones thrown in) so it might be worth a try.

Alibaba2 Tue 23-Aug-16 18:03:51

Interesting about the oestrogen surge McBaby! That would explain it.

I temp at all sorts of times - basically any time from 4am to 7am - depending on what time I first wake up. It's not exact but I can see the post-ov temp rise.

It's another stress though Writer so if you're managing without it, I wouldn't bother.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now