Someone talk to me about ovulation tracking!

(4 Posts)
Catinthecorner Mon 22-Aug-16 21:45:22

So, we have been TTC for 8 months now with no joy. Doctor (we are Brits overseas so this might not be NHS standard) wants me to start ovulation tracking. A quick google gives roughly 72,346,198 tests and some none pharmacy based type suggestions. Can someone talk me through the basics please? Does the test price make a difference? Is temping better or worse then saliva testing? Can I just take my own temperature or is it more sciency then that?

Alibaba2 Mon 22-Aug-16 21:52:59

Hi Cat,

I would say an app like Fertility Friend where you temp every morning and then use opks (ovulation predictor kits) from day 8 or 10 until you get a positive which you'll then see fade to a negative in the consecutive days.

Good luck!

Dakin1 Mon 22-Aug-16 22:02:37

I found the clear blue ovulation kits the best as they tell you when you have high and peak fertility.

I tried quite a few cheaper brands and bought 100 sticks off eBay but they didn't work - never showed a LH surge. Wish I had just used clear blue.

Good luck.

Thataintnoetchasketch Mon 22-Aug-16 22:08:01

uk.clearblue.com/clearblue-ovulation-test-range/clearblue-advanced-fertility-monitor

I bought one of these on eBay and between using this to monitor & acupuncture to sort out my cycle I got pregnant pretty quickly after a year of TTC

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now