HELP! Am I going mad? TTC#1

(6 Posts)
marmite84 Thu 18-Aug-16 14:23:29

Hi there, really need some advice! Never used a forum before and not sure of the lingo so please bear with...
I'm TTC#1, came off the pill July 15 and took 10 months to get my period. So far have had 2 periods, long cycles (~41 days). Used ovulation test which was positive on 28th July and timed plenty 'contact' around then. Now still haven't come on, have lots of possible symptoms: tingling boobs, v v tired, sensitive to some smells, bloated+++, constipated, cramping last week which I put down to being about to come on, tearful.
So far 2 negative home tests: 1 @ 18dop and one today at 20dop.... Question is, has anyone else been in this situation? Do I do another test in a few days? Could it all be in my head? Thank you!!!

lousylear Thu 18-Aug-16 14:29:12

Some tests are more sensitive than others. It's best to use your first wee in the morning. Try a cheap test of eBay. Will pick up HCG at 10 rest her than 40 or 50. Or try Asda or super drug early test. Test again tomorrow morning. I'm currently testing every morning. Convinced I'm pg!

marmite84 Thu 18-Aug-16 14:37:32

Thanks lousylear. I've used a CLearblue easy and today a digital one. They detect HCG at 25.....

lousylear Thu 18-Aug-16 14:51:08

Clear Blue are crap!
Try FRER or the ones I mentioned.

marmite84 Thu 18-Aug-16 15:03:29

Will do! Thanks!

delilahbucket Fri 19-Aug-16 13:25:57

If your cycles are erratic it may be that your body geared up for ovulation but never actually released an egg, hence no period. The ovulation tests don't confirm ovulation is imminent. With your cycles as they are I would recommend a trip to the docs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now