After chemical pregnancy - help

(6 Posts)
Eharc19 Mon 15-Aug-16 19:12:24

I was wondering if anyone would be able to shed some light or perhaps provide a positive story for me.
I was two days late for my period when I got a very faint BFP (Wednesday) Unfortunately the very next day, I started bleeding very heavily and passing small clots on the Friday (sorry if TMI). I had my HCG levels taken on the Saturday. They were 15 which is very low for 4 weeks + 4 days. On the Monday, 48 hours after, my levels were 3 which is classed as a negative. My doctor told me it was a chemical pregnancy. Me and DH were heartbroken.
It has now been just over 3 weeks since my CP. I have not had any ovulation symptoms, however my breasts are slightly tender to touch. I'm not doing OPKs this time round, and I'm not going to test until at least a week after AF is due (that is only if AF doesn't come of course!)

Can anyone tell me how their cycles were after their CP? Was AF early, or late, or on time? Did you ovulate early or late? Did you get pregnant the very next month?

Sorry for the 100 questions just feeling a little lost.

TIA

m33r Mon 15-Aug-16 19:16:16

Hi eharc. Sorry this happened to you. I had a CP last month. Positive tests on the wed / thurs and fri. Did a CB digi on the Sunday and it was negative (still positive IC) then bled later in the day. I had a normal length period but very very heavy bleeding for one of the days. I got pg the next month with normal ov dates etc. I unfortunately have just miscarried again but think that was bad luck. Good luck xx

Eharc19 Mon 15-Aug-16 19:19:09

Thank you m33r. So sorry you have miscarried again. Life just isn't fair sometimes is it. Sorry to ask but how far were you second time round? Good luck to you too. Xx

m33r Mon 15-Aug-16 21:03:15

No problem. Ask anything!

This time I was 6 weeks when baby stopped growing and was 7+1 when bleeding started. I also MC-ed in Feb pretty much the same timings x

CoffeeAndTea Mon 15-Aug-16 23:39:28

Sorry for your loss. When I had a chemical I ovulated 3 days later than normal the following month, and 2 days later than normal after that (current cycle). AF was "late" as a result as my cycles were obviously longer, however my luteal phase was the same so they were technically bang on time

CoffeeAndTea Mon 15-Aug-16 23:42:14

May I also add that I got 3 days of ovulation cramps and positive opks before I ovulated the first time after the chemical (ovulation confirmed by temping) - it was as though my body was trying really hard to ovulate

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now