How accurate are FRER?

(11 Posts)
Beautifulstorm Sat 13-Aug-16 15:45:06

Just tested 6 days before ovulation, pretty sure I have a pink squinter. Can't really see it on pics but I will try upload one later. Been feeling sick and my lower stomach feels sort of sensitive and I can feel pressure.

Trying not to get my hopes up just yet, just wondering how common Evap lines are on first response tests? Thankyou in advance smile

BettyOBarley Sat 13-Aug-16 15:46:40

I've always found them very accurate and usually an evap line would be colourless not pink...... Fingers crossed for you!

McBaby Sat 13-Aug-16 15:58:54

Very accurate I have had two positives and blood tests the same day with hgc of 9 and 6! So more sensitive than they are supposed to be!

Beautifulstorm Sat 13-Aug-16 16:57:58

Here's the pic ladies. I did break it open after which then made thr line turn dark so I'm discounting that result. I can't really get it to pick up on camera as it was sooo faint. Will test again Tuesday

NameChange30 Sat 13-Aug-16 17:00:16

You tested 6 days before ovulation? Do you mean 6 days after?? How many days until your period is due? FRERs are only accurate up to 5 days before your period is due.

I can't see anything in that photo. A very faint line is unlikely to show though.

topawhat Sat 13-Aug-16 17:03:40

I can see it. Frer are fabulous tests, I think congratulations may be in order. Are you testing again tomorrow?

Beautifulstorm Sat 13-Aug-16 17:09:11

Sorry, I tested 6 days before AF as the test says you can test upto 6 days early. I know, stupid to test early!

Hope so TopI'm going to test in morning with an Internet cheapie and then after that if I miss AF I will buy another FRER. Not getting my hopes up too much as it's a very faint line, but hard not to wonder!

NameChange30 Sat 13-Aug-16 17:10:57

They're more accurate the closer you get to the day your period is due. So I reckon if you test again with another FRER on Tuesday or Wednesday, you'll get a clear result.

topawhat Sat 13-Aug-16 17:27:06

Internet cheapies are notorious for
Evap lines though, even if you get a line you won't know whether to believe it. I reckon you should crack on with another FRER! I'm feeling broody, can you tell?!

Beautifulstorm Sat 13-Aug-16 17:35:02

Haha Top, I think I need to wait for a few days and see as I've spent a fortune on tests these past 2 cycles and my DH thinks I've gone crazy hmm

topawhat Sat 13-Aug-16 17:44:03

You're a more patient woman than I am. I went nuts TTC. Several years later I still have my pregnancy scrap book containing my daily Internet cheapies lined up perfectly, marking the progressive darkening of the line from non-existent to darker than the control line, with pics of the FRERs and clear blue digitals. I realise it's gross and crazy, but hey! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now