Could I be showing pregnancy signs this early?

(11 Posts)
shaaan1329 Fri 12-Aug-16 16:35:20

Firstly I've been a nightmare recently at tracking my cycle but basically I came off my period approx two weeks ago maybe closer to three. I am extremely tired, a lot more than usual... All I want to do is sleep all the time! I was sick this morning as well and my emotions are all over. I am just wondering g of it is possible to conceive that early in your cycle and already be showing signs? I did take a test but it was negative as I doubt if I am there would be enough hormones yet so when would you advise taking a test? Any advice or similar stories would be amazing! I've also heard people with twins know earlier and my partners dad had two identical twin brothers so I am wondering if that had a anything to do with it or whether I am just getting my hopes up! Thank you smile

Jodie1982 Fri 12-Aug-16 19:01:41

In all my pregnancies I've not had symptoms till 6/7wks. Before then I felt totally un-pregnant. Good luck.

McBaby Fri 12-Aug-16 19:29:18

I knew a week after ovulation with all three pregnancies some say it's not possible but I did!

BertieBotts Fri 12-Aug-16 20:02:48

No, not possible to know this early. Sorry! Wait a week or two and test if no period. The thing is if your HCG levels were high enough to be causing symptoms, they'd be high enough to show on a test.

Also twins in your partners family don't affect your likelihood of twins, as it has to be a gene you carry meaning you release more than one egg. Additionally identical twins aren't caused by any gene, they are just random.

Good luck!

NameChange30 Fri 12-Aug-16 20:07:26

When was the first day of your last period?
I suggest you buy a FRER as they are the most sensitive pregnancy tests. They're accurate up to 5 days before your period is due (although the closer you get the more accurate they are).
I don't want to fuel the crazy but I don't think it's impossible to get symptoms this early.
I had a really vivid nightmare about a week after I conceived, I woke up DH and it completely freaked him out - the next morning he said "maybe you're pregnant" and I laughed it off.
I was (am) pregnant.

Missgraeme Fri 12-Aug-16 20:07:37

I had symptoms 6dpo.

NameChange30 Fri 12-Aug-16 20:08:47

I should have said it woke up DH (the nightmare), I didn't wake him up on purpose, but he told me I was screaming the house down!

Fanjango Fri 12-Aug-16 20:14:12

I had pregnancy symptoms like this, it was twins so a higher hormone level. Sorry grin

BertieBotts Fri 12-Aug-16 21:51:45

I don't think it's impossible, I just think if it's strong enough to cause symptoms a test should be picking it up.

ahsan Sat 13-Aug-16 13:40:22

Yes I did this time. Was around dpo 6 when I started getting really emotional, veins were huge lol and had a metallic taste in my mouth. Breasts were sore and that's all before my period was due. So yes you can tell I knew a few days after ovulation as I had implantation bleeding as well smile

sizeofalentil Sun 21-Aug-16 09:47:47

I had strong symptoms a week before my missed period both times. Is rare but possible.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now