How often do you BD around ovulation?

(16 Posts)
Beautifulstorm Fri 05-Aug-16 22:43:01

I ovulated today, confirmed by a test and lots of EWCM. We BD'd Sunday, Monday and yesterday. Feel like we could have tried more closer to ovulation but this is our first real month tracking so a bit confusing. So if im not been to invasive, how often do you BD around ovulation?

Only1scoop Fri 05-Aug-16 22:47:09

What's BD?

Notyetthere Fri 05-Aug-16 23:12:59

Baby dance?

Beautifulstorm Fri 05-Aug-16 23:59:42

Yes sorry I'm new to the boards and I don't quite think I've picked up all the lingo yet.

CatsAndCocktails Sat 06-Aug-16 00:01:41

First time I conceived once a few days beforehand (I had come off contraception to regulate my cycles prior to trying but we weren't actively trying). Second time was five times in the week leading up to ovulation. Third time was once on the day of a positive opk.

MmmMalbec Sat 06-Aug-16 06:41:42

BD is the right term! Yeah you need to do it in the 3 days leading up to ovulation and ovulation day. Some people get pregnant from slightly earlier than that but statically those are your best chance days!

Houseconfusion Sat 06-Aug-16 06:58:59

Not sure if BD is what mumsnet says..... sounds more in the zone of baby dust via nethuns

Shag. Have sex. Do the deed at a stretch.

Eminybob Sat 06-Aug-16 07:06:13

Google the sperm meets egg plan.
It gives you a very specific pattern of days to have sex on to optimise chances of conceiving.

It's probably a load of nonsense but I did conceive DS the first month of doing this (after trying for 6 months), and we are starting to ttc number 2 this month so will I will be doing it again.

Beautifulstorm Sat 06-Aug-16 08:40:02

Well I picked up BD from mumsnet, never been on Net mums, but yes for those who don't understand I meant have sex!

Thanks Eminy I will have a read today. Just got a bit confused by what I read on Google.
Cats that sounds promising!

Whatsername17 Sat 06-Aug-16 09:12:15

Do it again today and you are covered.

NerrSnerr Sat 06-Aug-16 09:15:47

We just had sex at least every other day throughout the whole cycle. Seemed easier and more fun than waiting until a specific time. It worked for us.

LuchiMangsho Sat 06-Aug-16 09:19:11

I just got a positive HPT. Have one son. What worked for us (I typically ovulate day 12-14) this time was to do the deed on Days 10,12,13 and an extra one on day 15. This is all we could do in the whole month as DH was away on work. It seems to have worked. But with a history of miscarriages I am keeping fingers crossed.

Eminybob Sat 06-Aug-16 11:38:28

I knew what you meant by BD op. I have heard it on here before too.

Can't bring myself to use it though, nor AF for period. Far too twee!

Beautifulstorm Sat 06-Aug-16 11:48:52

I must say Eminy I do feel stupid a bit putting them! Same as DH, DS etc. God knows how it all came about lol.

Congratulations Luchi that's fantastic!

Whatsername we did manage to do the deed (no longer using the term BD anymore ha) early hours so fingers crossed. We did it cycle days 9,10, 11 and 14 so now the 2 week countdown begins.

Eminybob Sat 06-Aug-16 11:58:06

It's so exciting! Good luck op. Here's hoping for as few 2ww's as possible!

Beautifulstorm Sat 06-Aug-16 21:41:39

Thankyou Eminy. Will update soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now