Any thoughts on best time to come off Micronor to TCC?

(4 Posts)
oliversmummy26 Wed 03-Aug-16 12:17:20

Hello ladies,

we are going to start TCCing on 1st October (on our honeymoon) and I was going to stop taking my Micronor that day, last AF before then is due 19.9.16, so not sure whether I may as well just stop taking it then as that will be when any EDD is dated from?

The last two times I've got pregnant was when I took Micronor about 2 hours after my 3 hour window so looks like I could be super fertile, but now that I want to be pregnant, it probably won't be nearly so easy or quick!! envy

MmmMalbec Wed 03-Aug-16 12:43:13

If it was me I'd come off now. It took me about 5 months to have a normal cycle after coming off the pill. But if you're super fertile you might not have that problem. You should at least finish it at the end of a packet though I think! Good luck

oliversmummy26 Wed 03-Aug-16 12:48:00

Thanks Mmm I should have said, sorry, Micronor is a mini pill, so I can stop taking it at any time, and am having regular cycles at the moment anyway which aren't too different from what they were before I was taking contraception - it doesn't stop your periods. I have a 3 hour window to take it every day and if I don't them boom! Baby...as has happened the last two times I didn't take it on time and happened to be at the right time in my cycle I think...

I don't want to stop now, as I want to be able to have a lots of lovely prosecco at the wedding wine

MmmMalbec Thu 04-Aug-16 07:58:03

Ah I've never been on the mini pill so I don't know how that works! If you don't think there's an issue with cycle regulating then just do as you planned and wait until after your wedding!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now