Who has lost weight to TTC?

(9 Posts)
Dusty1985 Tue 02-Aug-16 21:50:52

Has anyone lost weight to try to conceive? I am 4-5 stone overweight so really want to lose at least half of it before TTC and to carry on whilst TTC. Also as I'm new can someone please explain what all the verbs mean!? Lol AF? Thanks xx

oliversmummy26 Wed 03-Aug-16 12:09:29

Hi Dusty

we are getting married before we TTC (end September this year) and then immediately stopping taking my pill..I had hoped that from January - now I would have lost the 3 stone which I could do with shedding, but alas, not even the prospect of my wedding day has spurred me on to losing any weight!! I've lost about 6lbs in 7 months angry

I am hoping that my OH and I will do well together in September, for our final month before the big day, and the prospect of TTC will also help. I'm at least taking my pre-pregnancy conception vitamins, which has started getting my very excited about getting preggers smile

Get where you're coming from on the abbreviations (I'm relatively new too), but I have worked out a few... AF is Aunt Flo... wink

oliversmummy26 Wed 03-Aug-16 12:10:49

Also, just found this as I came across something else I didn't understand and had to look it up - might help you smile

www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/Common-Abbreviations.html

Helbelle75 Wed 03-Aug-16 12:55:30

I was pregnant, but sadly lost the baby. I put on about a stone over the pregnancy.
I joined slimming world to lose it before ttc again. It's taken me 8 weeks to lose 12lbs, only half a stone to go to my target weight. I feel a lot healthier as well.

oliversmummy26 Wed 03-Aug-16 16:51:17

Hi Helbelle

so sorry to hear of your loss sad

There are lots of people locally I know who have used Slimming World and swear by it, well done you on your weight loss star

delilahbucket Wed 03-Aug-16 21:31:16

I lost two stone before and during ttc last year. Just did it through calorie counting using my fitness pal. Found it quite easy, just time consuming planning every meal to the nth degree. Wasn't hungry as I ate more protein than carbs. I stopped calorie counting in October and have maintained ever since. Hasn't helped us ttc but that's because there are other issues. I feel better for it though and I know that if I do fall pregnant I won't have to have a consultant led pregnancy and can have the birth I want.

Dusty1985 Wed 03-Aug-16 22:35:28

Thank you girls for your replies, Helbelle75 im so sorry for your loss.

Well i went along to slimming world today for my first weigh in and i lost 3lbs im really pleased and it has made me determined.

Should i take the pill till we are actually ttc or not? xx

Helbelle75 Wed 03-Aug-16 23:22:23

Thank you oliversmummy and Dusty.
We'll done on your loss Dusty, that's fab. I've found that upping my exercise this week has given me a boost. I bought a fitbit zip and try to do 6000 steps a day. 14000 today though. Feels good.

oliversmummy26 Thu 04-Aug-16 11:21:06

Well done Dusty 3lbs in a week is great! What pill are you on? I think if it's the combined you have to come off and wait until you've had your first complete cylce before TTC, but if it's the mini pill you can come off any time..?
Helbelle I bought myself a cross trainer to try and lose some more weight (I have a desk job and sitting at a computer for 8 hours a day does nothing to help me shed the pounds!) it's great as it's in front of the computer, so I've been catching up on Amazon and Netflix to distract me while I'm on it! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now