Anyone else sometimes feel like their womb is taunting them?

(9 Posts)
INeedABiggerBoat Tue 02-Aug-16 01:39:50

Came off the pill at the beginning of the year - I've been broody for about 3 years now but waiting to be more financially stable and for DH to be emotionally ready for a child. Been symptom spotting ever since, and always feel inconsolable when AF does arrive. (I know that's a bit OTT and it hasn't been long at all since starting TTC, but I can't control my desire for this at all).

A few months ago my cycle finally became regular, and this month I've made a concerted effort to 'care less' about it all... but AF was due on Saturday, and still hasn't arrived. Yet I'm bloated and have that weird period smell (sorry if TMI!) so 99% certain it's just late. AIBU to think that my womb is basically just taunting me now? I cannot stand this sense of hope when I'm almost certain it will soon be crushed!

Anyone else have mean wombs that do this?!

danigrace Tue 02-Aug-16 08:57:08

I know the feeling Boat, it can be so frustrating!! But absolutely get testing if AF isn't here yet, you may just get your BFP!! Fingers crossed for you

MagpieCursedTea Tue 02-Aug-16 09:16:02

I would certainly be testing at that point. I was a POAS addict though! Good luck!

INeedABiggerBoat Tue 02-Aug-16 18:00:36

It's horrible isn't it?! I'm not going to test until (hopefully) I'm a week late. Got myself into a right state about 5 months ago before periods had become regular where I was convinced I was pregnant but tests kept coming back negative. Don't want that to happen again as I didn't cope well!

INeedABiggerBoat Thu 04-Aug-16 09:44:06

Ok I did it- Tuesday night got a bfn sad but AF still hasn't arrived and I'm feeling all kinds of sick. I hate this. Reasonably I know it's all in my head but why can't my body put me out of this limbo...

danigrace Thu 04-Aug-16 10:28:13

Sorry to hear that OP flowers It might be worth chatting with your GP about it. Do you temp/opk?

ladymarymoo Thu 04-Aug-16 14:10:27

Totally get you, this is second month that I am late and a BFN. Last month it was 5 days, this month 6 days, still no sign of the AF.

I feel that my body is playing tricks with me. where the fuck is my period, it was always on time when not TTC.

I had a scan on Tuesday, date was a coincidence, had been referred after TTC for over 2 years. everything was fine, no sign of an early pregnancy, so I know that I am not pregnant.

I am flying on holiday next week, my womb is probably waiting until take off, or when I am wearing white to deliver. Bitch

Amaye Thu 04-Aug-16 14:41:04

I have another thread on this but my period was 11 days late and just came today after honestly years of fairly regular cycles! I feel like since I’ve starting ttc that my body is just messing with me too. AF today has been so painful and i’m just so sad that i’m not pregnant so I feel your pain sad

SpidersFromMars Thu 04-Aug-16 15:55:41

I think the stress and the symptom spotting can make you late - sorry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now