Blue dye false positive/evap/whoknows

(31 Posts)
Bimbum Thu 28-Jul-16 11:14:08

Morning ladies,
I'm just curious about how you have found tests like clear blue (no digi) to be for false positives? I have heard a fair amount of negative things about them so just wanted to ask your thoughts really.
I used one yesterday and of course could see a very faint blue line indicating positive but am not taking it to be a BFP because it was so light and after everything I've read about cb tests I would not like to get carried away. I couldn't even get it to show on camera until I cracked it open.
I have no idea if I ovulated this month, am breastfeeding my 9 mth old so my cycles are irregular so have no idea when to test, I last DTD about 7 days ago.
So basically I am wondering how you tell the difference between a false pos and a BFP and also if you ladies have had any experience with cb false positives or evap/dye lines.
Thanks in advance x

abbinobb Thu 28-Jul-16 11:53:21

Get a digital or a first response.
The clear blue false positive tend to be a thin line to one side though I thought?

Bimbum Thu 28-Jul-16 17:05:02

This is the faint line that's causing the confusion. Anyone see I or am I going a but mad which is entirely possible.

abbinobb thanks for replying smile I can't seem to find a FR test anywhere at the moment but definitely prefer them.

Bimbum Thu 28-Jul-16 17:06:14

*a bit mad not but mat x

Bimbum Thu 28-Jul-16 17:06:48

Oh dear mad not mat x

pocketsized Thu 28-Jul-16 17:10:49

I can see it!

user1468173727 Thu 28-Jul-16 17:12:11

I can see it!

Mooey89 Thu 28-Jul-16 18:36:00

I can see it and that is not faint!

Bimbum Thu 28-Jul-16 20:31:57

Thanks ladies, am really nervous in case it's a dye line or something x

Bimbum Fri 29-Jul-16 09:22:08

Grr so i took another cb test this morning and its still a real squinter, Im convinced it is just a dye line/false positive on both.

gingerbreadmanm Fri 29-Jul-16 10:18:40

can see the line. can you get to an asda / sainsburys / tesco / superdrug / poundshop?

there tests are cheap and pink dye and usually quite sensitive.

Bimbum Fri 29-Jul-16 10:27:35

Hi gingerbread, thanks!ks for replying. I think I could see a line but it didn't seem as clear as yesterdays which although faint I could definitely see. I have ordered some FRER which should arrive today or tomorrow but am feeling a little deflated now. I might pop to tesco if I can't take my mind off it haha x

gingerbreadmanm Fri 29-Jul-16 11:22:58

pop to tesco it has to be done grin

holzyb20 Fri 29-Jul-16 14:24:21

Hi Bimbum u found you again! Still in the same boat as you! My local superdrug have no more FR until there next delivery (must be a pregnancy boom this month) so I done a superdrug own brand test and the other cb test I have left still faint

Now I'm a bit confused I was a little ill this month so we didn't have sex that often this month. If I was to be pregnant from when I should of ovulated I would be around 6 week pregnant whivh i should have a goof line by now. But its quite faint as if i am not that far gone. but we also had sex around the 9th of this month it's possible I could of ovulated later BUT we stopped before he finished as I felt I'll he did however pre-ejaculate I don't know if I am being thick here but can you get pregnant from pre-ejaculation

Sorry for the long post

AliceScarlett Fri 29-Jul-16 14:43:13

Get a frer! I can see a line.

Bimbum Fri 29-Jul-16 15:32:26

Thanks Alice, i was sure i could too smile I am waiting for FRERs to arrive - fingers crossed it will be tomorrow.

Hi Holzyb. Yes you can get pregnant from pre-ejaculate but I suppose its not as likely, still any thing can happen. It's so frustrating isn't it, I just want to know for sure and this limbo is driving me mad. Did you get a faint positive on both the cb and the superdrug? Keeping fingers crossed for us both x

holzyb20 Fri 29-Jul-16 16:34:03

I thought as much but you no when you start questioning yourself, couldn't find any proper answers on Google!

Yes faint on both of them although I must admit it's a lot clearer on the cb. I definitely think if I am pregnant it must of been from the pre-ejaculate because I'd be to far gone to still be getting faint positives now if I would have got pregnant from the last time we DTD

Here praying for both out BFPS! How long you been ttc x

Bimbum Fri 29-Jul-16 19:33:32

Yeah I know exactly what you mean haha. If you got a faint positive on both that sounds like great sign/BFP smile will you keep testing? Mine was lighter today so am worried it may be a chemical pregnancy or even a false positive on the test where it was clearest, I'm holding on to hope because it was a definite blue line but am thinking it will be a BFN when my FRERS arrive.
We aren't actually ttc, my DH just got carried away haha but as soon as I started thinking about it I realised how much I want another DC, thing is my DH wants to wait a couple of years yet so its a one off chance if you see what I mean. If I'm not pregnant now I won't get a chance to try again for a long time so I'm really hoping I am. How about you? x

mischadee Fri 29-Jul-16 19:46:47

I used these tests and got what looked like fairly strong positives all in the time frame but wasn't pregnant at the time sad
Hope your tests aren't false positives
Good luck

Bimbum Fri 29-Jul-16 19:57:32

miscadee thank you for the luck. They are awful tests aren't they, even though you hear stuff about them you can't help but get your hopes up. I have a feeling mine will turn out to be incorrect tbh. x

mischadee Fri 29-Jul-16 22:00:54

They are nasty tests I prefer the clearblue plus I feel like theyre more reliable
I hope it is right for you

Bimbum Sat 30-Jul-16 09:36:52

Good morning ladies. Did a Morrison's own brand and a cb this morning, both had very questionable positives and feeding my DS has stopped being as painful. I think it may have been a chemical pregnancy - the lines would definitely be getting darker otherwise I think. I'm feeling so disappointed... mostly in myself for getting carried away so easily.
Holzyb am still keeping my fingers crossed for your bfp x

holzyb20 Sat 30-Jul-16 18:45:12

Hi bimbum bit fed up this morning I'm bleeding very very lightly (nothing like my normal period as I suffer terribly) no pains or anything called doctors and have an appointment for the 3rd August although they said it's really common to bleed in early pregnancy as long as there's no bad cramps. I will have some answers in a few days! X

Bimbum Sat 30-Jul-16 21:00:03

Hi Holzyb, I'm fed up too. I think I'm gonna just try to accept that I'm not getting my BFP after all.
Hopefully its just that then holzy, it's a good sign that it's so light and no pain. Just take it easy and look after yourself smile from what you said the DR sounded calm about it so hoping it all works put for you x

holzyb20 Sat 30-Jul-16 23:59:34

Don't give up! I been trying for 2 years and have been so close to giving up but I know it will all be worth it in the end x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now