Warm in his pants

(6 Posts)
givingitago85 Thu 28-Jul-16 07:18:05

Ok, so this is probably going to be met with a lot of giggles, but I am reading way too many crappy websites and googling my workday away, however...so many places talk about keeping sperm cool.
Should I really be asking my partner not to do the following:
Soak in a bath
Wear cycle shorts (he cycles to work - he doesn't just wear them round the house haha)
Keep the laptop off his you know what and on a pillow
And who knows what else, not stand near a microwave, or the oven?! I
Ok so the last one I made up, but honestly he will just tell me I am being silly if I bring it up with him.
So, any truth in it you think?

Whatsername17 Thu 28-Jul-16 08:18:00

I don't think so. Making sure he is hydrated (water not coffee) and taking his conception vitamins. My best friends husband had his supermarket tested after they struggled to convieve and he was found to have low motility and high viscosity. Both of which were sorted by drinking more water and less coffee and beer. My dh has ridiculously hot daily baths but has knocked me up 3 times. First time it took one cycle, second time 3 cycles and I miscarried, 3rd time 6 cycles and I'm now 14+5.

Whatsername17 Thu 28-Jul-16 08:18:58

Had his sperm tested! Not his supermarket. His local branch of tesco is fine!

VestalVirgin Thu 28-Jul-16 10:36:25

In order to efficiently avoid pregnancy, a man has to sit in a hot bath at least once daily (or perhaps two times?) for a couple of days, I think. There was a study on whether it was a contraception method that could be used - I think the test subjects found it too tiresome.

However, keeping the sperm cool could increase your chances.

ahsan Thu 28-Jul-16 17:58:32

grin would just get busy if I where you. winkgrin

givingitago85 Thu 28-Jul-16 23:15:24

Thanks all.

I think I am overthinking and def over googling!!

I'm glad the 'supermarket' was all good smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now