Scared I'm peri menopausal :(

(7 Posts)
Beautifulstorm Tue 26-Jul-16 22:31:22

If anybody has experienced similar or can shed some light on what I'm experiencing I'd be really greatful as right now I'm freaking out!

Me and my DH have just started trying to conceive. My copper coil was removed about 4 weeks ago. Before this AF would be on average 7-12 days long. Just finished last AF and it was 3 days long and fairly light. Light enough to only need tampons for medium flow and for the tampon to not be fully absorbed ( sorry for TMI!)

The rational part of me is thinking it's just because the coil has gone, hence lighter. The anxious thinker in me is on one freaking out I'm about to enter menopause.

Anybody experienced anything like this? My cycle was longer too!

Allium40 Wed 27-Jul-16 07:15:50

Hi Beautiful, I'm sure it's your body adjusting after the coil. These things take time. 7-12 days is a very long period and 3 is probably preferable but I'm sure it will adjust.

Ihavenousername Wed 27-Jul-16 17:18:27

I had my mirena coil removed 4 weeks ago, 2 weeks ago I had what I'm guessing was a very light period just as you described, lasted about 3 days too!

Right now I'm just going off the date it started as cd1 and using opk. I'm sure it's just our bodies trying to get back into balance after contraception!

Good luck!

MummyBex1985 Wed 27-Jul-16 17:25:19

Hey lovely

I think a more common sign of being peri menopausal is heavier periods. Every time I've come off BC I've had much lighter periods.

It took me three or four months for my cycle to settle down but 18 months on its still very light (and no baby sadly).

Hope it doesn't take you as long as me!

LaraG13 Thu 28-Jul-16 14:20:45

I wasn't on coil but was on pill for 15 years or so. When I came off my periods had totally changed from prior to going on. They went from heavy and long to very short and very very light - 3 days and could get away with just the lightest of thin pantyliners. I was off the pill for about a year but not trying for a baby, and periods were consistently like this so I had the same concerns as you. Needn't have worried though - fell pregnant within 3 months of trying aged 34 and am now 27 weeks. Just wanted to reassure you that light, short periods can be absolutely healthy and fine.

Beautifulstorm Thu 28-Jul-16 20:07:17

Thankyou so much everybody, really has helped to reassure me smile

jaffacakes16 Fri 29-Jul-16 15:27:30

I had the copper coil and periods are much heavier and longer when it's fitted. Mine are only a couple of days now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now