TMI Condom question

(8 Posts)
SillyQu Tue 26-Jul-16 17:55:30

Really sorry about the TMI factor...So 2 nights ago DP & I dtd. We've always used condoms as we did 2 nights ago. We have one DC and we got pregnant on the first cycle we tried.

So 2 nights ago post dtd we realised (about 5 mins after) I noticed the condom had come off inside me. The inside of the condom was empty

So after looking at my cycle it turns out that was the day after I was due to ovulate. Based on my last period. Today I've got period type cramps.

Is there a chance I'm pregnant? We were planning on waiting another 3 months until trying for DC2. So it wouldn't be awful if I was but I recall feeling like this last time...I had morning sickness really early last time too.

Also what's the earliest I can test? My cycle is up the wall as I'm still breastfeeding and it varies from 29-35 days?!!

Can anyone help?

Ilovetorrentialrain Tue 26-Jul-16 17:58:12

Hi I can't answer the question about when you can test but I can 100% confirm it is possible to get pregnant this way. I did.

SillyQu Tue 26-Jul-16 18:08:44

Thanks for the reply. We feel a bit silly as for 10 years this has NEVER happened! When I googled it there was no good info. I feel like a silly teenager!

SillyQu Tue 26-Jul-16 18:08:53

Thanks for the reply. We feel a bit silly as for 10 years this has NEVER happened! When I googled it there was no good info. I feel like a silly teenager!

Ilovetorrentialrain Tue 26-Jul-16 19:00:16

It's something you don't often see/hear discussed... the condom coming off inside. More likely to hear people talk about them splitting, which I personally have never experienced.

I hope whatever the outcome all goes well for you. I hope someone replies for you on the testing question. I really can't remember how that works and would probably be out of date now anyway having not done a pregnancy test for over a decade!

All the best brew.

Junosmum Wed 27-Jul-16 18:45:16

You'll need to wait 10 to 14 days to test.

BossyOfficerFlossie Thu 28-Jul-16 17:36:46

Even with the 'early' tests best to wait till at least ten days post ovulation, two weeks ideally... May get a positive earlier than that, but a negative wouldn't mean your aren't iyswim? Good luck xx

Imnotaslimjim Thu 28-Jul-16 17:41:18

This happened to me on the night I lost my virginity. Thankfully I didn't get pregnant but obviously it is entirely possible and I lived in fear until my period arrived.

Essentially, you'll have to wait 2 weeks or thereabouts and if your period hasn't arrived by the latest time you expect it then do a test.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now