cycle all over the place!

(9 Posts)
MissMooMoo Mon 25-Jul-16 21:34:37

DH and I are ttc our first. I am 29 he is 30,both healthy.

Stopped taking bcp in December,had a long wait for AF and we did a lot of ntnp. Last cycle we actively ttc. I have been using a cbfm to track my cycles,i have always had a peak each cycle except for last cycle.

I normally have a 32-34 day cycle. Last cycle I randomly had a 46 day cycle and did not get a peak reading on my monitor (although i suspect because it stopped asking for ovulation sticks before I actually ovulated) i am on day 23 today and haven't had a peak reading although i did get a very dark line on the stick on days 18-19.

Should i just give up on the monitor and start temping? Both together?

Im not sure what i am doing really! DH and i were on our holiday last week so had a lot of sex in hopes i am back to my normal 32-34 day cycle.
Just really fustrated that my cycle seems to be longer now!!! Should i see my doctor?

delilahbucket Tue 26-Jul-16 08:04:37

When I went on holiday it interfered with my ovulation (think it was the flying that did it) and my cycle was five days longer so I wouldn't worry. The odd longer cycle is normal. Have you tried temping which will confirm ovulation for you?

MissMooMoo Tue 26-Jul-16 08:37:27

No i haven't tried temping,I will for the next cycle if I don't fall pregnant this one.

Very interesting about flying,I also flew longhaul at the end of May for a family emergency and that was the time of the extra long cycle so it's possible there is a correlation.

danigrace Tue 26-Jul-16 11:53:51

OP if it keeps getting longer/more random it could be PCOS, but hopefully that's not the case and things will straighten out for you, fingers crossed for your BFP soon!

delilahbucket Tue 26-Jul-16 13:34:47

I bet it's the flying MissMooMoo. I'm about to fly again in a few weeks but won't be ovulating while on holiday so don't know if it will affect me this time. If you're normally regular I wouldn't worry about it.

MissMooMoo Wed 27-Jul-16 11:23:38

Boobs are very sore atm so think AF will probably come next week.
I only ever get sore boobs in the week before AF so I think its safe to say I most likely ovulated last week.
Fingers crossed that we caught the egg!

MissMooMoo Fri 05-Aug-16 10:09:50

Went to see the gp last friday because i thought I had an ear infection.
Mentioned my cycles and he booked me to see a gp this morning to discuss.
Took a pregnacy test yest am and got not pregnant (on the cbfm)
Got this result this morning grin

danigrace Fri 05-Aug-16 10:18:47

Awesome Moo! Congrats!

delilahbucket Fri 05-Aug-16 15:22:25

Congratulations flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now