Clomid or IVF

(4 Posts)
Nowwhyareyoucrying Mon 25-Jul-16 16:50:40

Feeling all wobbly and looking for some advice.

We've just had a follow up appointment after my lap and dye in May where they found minimal endo (which they lasered off) but everything else looked clear. I have had some cysts in the past but they don't class me as PCOS, and cycles sit around 30-35 days. All bloods are 'normal'. I've done OPKs which come back positive around day 18.

BUT I have been off of the pill for 3 years and not a hint of a BFP. Sooo we are now in that awkward 'what next?' stage.

The consulted today urged us strongly to go straight for Ivf, as apparently in the 6 months after surgery your chance of success is high. However the consultant before suggested we try Clomid first. Now we don't know what to do. Ivf seems such a big deal but will I kick myself if Clomid doesn't work.

Any advice or experiences would be helpful.

Nowwhyareyoucrying Mon 25-Jul-16 17:26:32

Also looking at getting a reproductive immunology test done.

Has anyone had this done? And if so which clinic dos you use, and how much do the tests generally cost?

Thanks

Nowwhyareyoucrying Tue 26-Jul-16 20:15:44

Bump

Anyone?

AmyC86 Wed 27-Jul-16 00:45:32

Join us on pcos periods or lack of...... there's a wealth of information on there xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now