Has anyone tried preseed?

(23 Posts)
alisonP83 Sun 24-Jul-16 07:57:39

Hi we are on month 10 of trying for no 2. I'm starting to get a bit panicked now as I'm not getting any younger.
I have been reading about preseed and was wondering if anybody had any experience with it?

ScottishLady7 Sun 24-Jul-16 09:02:22

We have bee using it during my fertile week since Feb.
It makes quickies easier but so far, no bfp...
Lots of anecdotal stuff from people online who say it has helped them conceive but it hasn't been the wonder solution for us- we've been trying a similar length of time as you guys.
Good luck!

FaFoutis Sun 24-Jul-16 09:04:38

I used egg white. Worked every time in the first month of trying (4 times).

AmyC86 Sun 24-Jul-16 09:17:20

I've been using it, not frequently but on occasion. Like Scottish lady said, it does make quickies much more comfortable (especially because I'm taking clomid & that stuff dries you up). Still not had a BFP from it though xx

ScottishLady7 Sun 24-Jul-16 19:33:15

FaFoutis what do you mean?! Surely not real.. Egg white...?
Am I being an idiot??

60sname Sun 24-Jul-16 19:39:27

We conceived the first month of trying with Preseed, but then I haven't had any other attempts at conception to compare it with!

Allium40 Sun 24-Jul-16 21:29:43

Following...

alisonP83 Sun 24-Jul-16 21:51:55

I have read loads of reviews so have ordered some to try. I have tried pretty much everything else (except real egg whites :/ )

Pyjamas81 Sun 24-Jul-16 22:08:31

We use Conceive Plus which is the same kind of thing as I get next to no EWCM - only on cycle 2 of TTC and this is the first cycle we've properly tried, so we'll see! I actually prefer it to normal lubricant! Would definitely never put egg whites up there shockconfused

Cherry321 Sun 24-Jul-16 22:12:04

Yup worked for me whilst on clomid. As others have said, good when its just a quickie!

Penguin13 Mon 25-Jul-16 07:55:09

My first BFP was with preseed :-) Hard to know of course if it was the preseed or just luck. Liked it so much I continued to use it when not TTC though grin

FaFoutis Mon 25-Jul-16 09:11:26

Yes, real egg whites. It makes the PH better for sperm and has the same consistency as cervical mucus.
It was the craze on MN at the time and it worked a treat for me.

Allium40 Mon 25-Jul-16 16:34:41

Is there just one kind of Preseed as I saw 2 types on Amazon but it might have been different packaging?

originaldoozy Mon 25-Jul-16 17:15:04

We used Concieve Plus and got pregnan first time in first cycle, 2nd time in 2nd cycle. As others have said .. who knows if that did the trick or not but think I would have had less chance without due to not having much EWCM in my fertile time.

originaldoozy Mon 25-Jul-16 17:15:35

2nd cycle in 2nd BFP I meant

triangularchocolate Mon 25-Jul-16 17:42:41

Worked for me first time (7th month of trying / off the pill). Probably a coincidence but certainly no harm trying it - good luck smile

peskyfeelings Mon 25-Jul-16 17:48:53

I've started using it this cycle. I can't really comment on it's effectiveness yet, but DP loves doing the bit with the applicator! smile

I've heard good things about it and I have bugger all EWCM since coming off pill in April. I'll try anything quite frankly...even egg whites if it comes to that!

karryk Tue 26-Jul-16 07:29:01

I use it smile I had an operation to remove a vaginal septum and found that I just didn't have any natural lubrication afterwards. You may see two types of packaging on amazon - it's the same product but they've just refreshed the box smile

I got a bfp at the third attempt x

karryk Tue 26-Jul-16 07:29:36

I do wish they'd make the applicator more comfy though! grin

ZoeB2016 Tue 26-Jul-16 10:37:22

Yes I have tried it smile we were TTC for 4 months before I tried Preseed and I got pregnant with my son that cycle. He is now now 9 months. Good luck :D

summerskittles91 Tue 26-Jul-16 16:24:30

Tried it last month for the first time and got BFP smile Not sure if actually works or as other people have it's just luck. It's worth trying though as it does make the whole experience more pleasurable.

MummyBex1985 Tue 26-Jul-16 19:15:48

Tried it for three months and zip (been TTC around 15 months now although I'm starting to lose count).

It's wet, cold, uncomfortable and didn't result in a BFP for me.

Excuse the slightly bitter tone but I have AF pain from hell and entering month 16 now

Penguin13 Wed 27-Jul-16 08:13:13

I completely ignored application instructions and just used to treat it like normal lube but one which wasn't going to be detrimental to our TTC attempts. Perhaps it was the greater frequency of sex because I was enjoying it more that helped rather than the preseed itself!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now