Am I definitely not pregnant or do I sound like I could be?

(9 Posts)
BasinHaircut Tue 19-Jul-16 13:20:17

Im new to this TTC business and even though it's month 1, I feel like it's going to send me mad!

I've had 3 previous cycles since I came of pill and they were 27, 28 and 31 days. This cycle started on the 17th June. We have had plenty of sex but I haven't been tracking ovulation.

Last Saturday (9th) I had really bad cramps. Bad enough to make me go to bed, but was fine the next morning.

Anyway, I tested on Friday (15th) as it was 28 days and no period - negative. Since Friday evening I have had a bit of brown discharge each day. Last night I wiped and had a bit that was more red so assumed it must be my period and even put a tampon in. But since then it's just back to just a v tiny amount of brown discharge. Usually my periods are heavy-ish from the get go and I 'feel' then start and get period pains. I have no period symptoms except my boobs have swelled up.

So today is 31 days and although Something is going on down there I don't think I could describe it as bleeding.

I'm just wondering if judging by those dates it sounds like an implantation bleed and whether it's worth testing again yet or waiting a few more days?

orangebird69 Tue 19-Jul-16 13:22:35

Maybe wait a few more days. I didn't get a bfp until I was 6 days overdue AF. Good luck!

BasinHaircut Tue 19-Jul-16 13:46:41

Thanks orange! I'm just wondering whether to buy some ovulation sticks, but don't want to bother if I'm already pregnant grin

MyKingdomForBrie Tue 19-Jul-16 13:51:33

Test with a FRER in the morning, sounds like you're in with a chance!

BasinHaircut Tue 19-Jul-16 13:57:05

Thanks myking what is a FRER?

orangebird69 Tue 19-Jul-16 14:02:47

First Response Early Result smile

FuzzyOwl Tue 19-Jul-16 14:04:48

I had all kinds of weird periods when I came off the pill - one month really heavy, another barely noticeable and short.

I've had implantation bleeding before and it has been more than spotting, which is what it sounds like you are describing, and has been enough for a day of tampon use. However, a couple of cycles before that I had a period that was lighter and the same length of time. It's so hard to tell!

A frer is a first response pregnancy test as they are the most sensitive ones you can get. Good luck.

BasinHaircut Tue 19-Jul-16 14:39:58

Thanks. I will try and visit a shop on the way home from work, if not it may have to be tomorrow.

Fuzzy that's what I was thinking, although so far they have been consistent, even though I've only had 3.

I know I'm probably just imagining it but for some reason I just think that I am pg, even though I 'feel' less like I am than when I have thought I could be before.

That probably makes zero sense though!

BasinHaircut Wed 20-Jul-16 12:30:58

Didn't make it to the shops but this morning I am definitely having my period so I don't need one

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now