Bumsnet Bus: Destination BFP!

(139 Posts)
GenghisKahnSchmitz Sun 17-Jul-16 00:39:24

All aboard the Bumsnet bus!

This bus if for anyone genuinely ttc - for anyone just starting on the ttc journey or those who have been trying for years.

No entry requirements, only that you join in supporting us all to destination BFP.

© Boris grin

GenghisKahnSchmitz Sun 17-Jul-16 00:47:03

Boris That's amazing that you get that DVD - I would probably be in tears looking at it!

Magpie All is well - cramping and sore boobs but that's pretty normal for me so still trying to be calm and relaxed! Blood test in two days - yikes.

Kellz I hope you're okay?

DizzyM I hope your DD is better?

DIzzyN Not long now till your appointment right? Hope the house moving date has been sorted out for you.

MagpieCursedTea Sun 17-Jul-16 07:49:58

Thanks for the new thread Genghis! You win pass the thread parcel grin only two days until your blood test? Eek! I'm keeping everything crossed for you!

DizzyNorthernBird Sun 17-Jul-16 07:58:08

Morning! Hope everyone is well!

Hopefully the new bus will encourage some newcomers.

genghis my appointment was last week and I moved into the house on Friday! Sorry I haven't been popping in to keep you all updated, it was just so busy trying to get packed as neither of us had any time off during the week before the move! House is looking amazing so far, we've still got a lot to do but we're very happy so far.

The appointment went well. It was so good to speak to a doctor that actually knows about ttc and took the time to listen to my thoughts and concerns! she went through a long questionnaire and did new swabs to double check for chlamydia, even though my result was negative last year. Did a bit of prodding and pressing around my tummy to see if my ovaries were swollen this month and to see if they cause me pain when pressed, which they didn't. Also got weighed and measured and had a wee test for infections. That was pretty much it, so the next step is cd3 bloods, 2 x cd27 bloods and a hsg. I have to phone in and book that on the first day of my next period. I was offered a laparoscopy but I opted to do hsg first as I'm a bit scared of the general anaesthetic and risks! But will reconsider depending on how things go. She was open to the idea of metformin for me but it'll depend on how my test results are looking i guess.

Ooooh and I didn't know you could keep hsg photos, do they offer that on nhs or is it a private thing? boris was yours a private hsg?

Hope the rest of you are good! I just quickly scanned the last page of the last thread so I'm not really up to date with everything!

boris, kellz & magpie hope your beans are all progressing nicely.

dizzym your poor DH, hope he feels better soon.

So what blood test are you having in two days genghis?

Borisisback Sun 17-Jul-16 16:12:27

Placemarking - back soon!

DizzyMerry Sun 17-Jul-16 19:01:18

Thanks for starting the new thread ghengis. Just place marking and will be back later.

GenghisKahnSchmitz Sun 17-Jul-16 22:56:01

Exciting news DizzyN! Congratulations on the house move - I'm so glad it all got sorted for you, and it must be so lovely to have your own house together. Next step: organise the wedding smile Your appointment sounded like it went really well and was thorough - roll on your next cycle for your blood tests. When will your hsg take place? (mine was old school so I left with a massive envelope - no fancy digital pictures for me smile )

Thanks for your finger crossing Magpie and hello to everyone else!

Now for my confession - I decided to poas this morning so I could prepare myself for a negative result for the blood test tomorrow (it's a hcg test DizzyN to see whether the iui worked) and I think I have a second line. I'm currently in shock/doubting my eyes/scared/in denial/paranoid that it's still the trigger showing up/freaking out - you get the gist grin. I also only have ics so now I have to go out and try and find some proper tests but am nearly too scared to try with a normal test in case there's no second line. Gulp.

GenghisKahnSchmitz Sun 17-Jul-16 23:06:49

Forgot to add the photo!

MagpieCursedTea Sun 17-Jul-16 23:07:54

Genghis!! That's so exciting! I'll offer some tentative congratulations. Eek!! I'm also impressed you held out this long to test. I found the IC much fainter than regular tests. Get out and buy one (or ten)!!

DizzyN glad the house move went well and your appointment sounds like it was really positive. Great that things are heading in the right direction. As for the laparoscopy, hopefully it won't be necessary but if you do have it, it's not that bad. When I had it, it was done in the morning, by lunchtime I was eating a cheese sandwich and I was home by mid afternoon.

MagpieCursedTea Sun 17-Jul-16 23:08:36

Cross post Genghis, that's a very definite line!

GenghisKahnSchmitz Mon 18-Jul-16 02:50:28

Thanks Magpie - to be honest I only held out because I was scared about the trigger showing up as a bfp. I went out and bought seven tests (which will probably last me two days ;)) Here is the picture - you're right they are clearer than the ic.

Borisisback Mon 18-Jul-16 07:14:51

Genghis!!!!!!

sammylou1 Mon 18-Jul-16 07:19:56

Still lurking here and just wanted to say congratulations ghengis! smile

For those who remember me I also got my bfp on Thursday after our third IVF. Unfortunately I am having as bleeding and cramping so not sure it is going to stick. Have second blood test today to see if levels are rising. I too am obsessed with POAS. Here's the last 4 days for you:

Borisisback Mon 18-Jul-16 07:23:13

Sammy how lovely to see really strong second lines. I know that you - like I - spent so many months and years testing with never a hint of a second line. It's bloody brilliant that you know you can get one. I really hope and pray that one of your little embies sticks.

MagpieCursedTea Mon 18-Jul-16 07:30:52

Official congratulations to you then Genghis! I'm so ridiculously happy for you!

Sammy I've commented on your other thread, really hope the blood test goes well today. Those are some good lines!

GenghisKahnSchmitz Mon 18-Jul-16 07:40:20

Congratulations to you too Sammy - I really hope the bleeding stops and today's blood test goes well. As Magpie and Boris said, they're great lines - absolutely everything crossed for you.

Pixa Mon 18-Jul-16 09:30:16

Just popping by...

Sammy, I am rooting for you. Hoping this embie is a sticky one. X

sammylou1 Mon 18-Jul-16 09:47:39

Thank you everyone. I'm at the clinic now. I don't know how I'm going to get through the day waiting for the results. It's torture. X

Borisisback Mon 18-Jul-16 10:33:28

Sammy - how stressfull for you. We are with you in spirit. Hope they can get the results to you quickly.

sammylou1 Mon 18-Jul-16 12:22:50

I have to call in the morning for the results.

DizzyMerry Mon 18-Jul-16 12:50:36

Wow!!! Congratulations ghengis. A lovely clear line. I'm overjoyed for you.

Sammy absolutely everything that boris said. I'm praying this goes really well for you.

GenghisKahnSchmitz Mon 18-Jul-16 21:00:17

Sammy I hope the wait is going okay, and that you get your results early. Has the bleeding stopped?

Thanks for your congratulations DizzyM and Magpie - it all seems too good to be true at the moment so am very scared and basically in a panic. Totally not helped by doing another test this morning, and I'm sure the line is fainter. I'm not sure how I'd get through 9 months of this smile

DizzyM How is your DD?

Borisisback Tue 19-Jul-16 07:00:50

Genghis the lines on my tests didn't get visibly, systematically darker. Some morning seemed lighter - probably because I was more hydrated etc. try not to worry a second line is a line..

GenghisKahnSchmitz Tue 19-Jul-16 07:05:45

Thanks Boris - that's very reassuring (I didn't even consider hydration!)

sammylou1 Tue 19-Jul-16 18:25:20

Hi ladies, just a quick update. For now I am pregnant.
Blood tests showed hcg had risen (although not as high as the nurses hoped), and bleeding seems to have slowed. Still getting a bit though which is worrying.
I know you guys like the stats so:

Ttc1
Cycle (God knows!) 2.5 years
Age 30
Third IVF - 2 days 3 embryos transferred
Accupuncture for thin lining issues
Ttc vitamin
Increased protein diet

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now