TTC - night cramps part of cycle or something else?

(3 Posts)
NC500 Fri 15-Jul-16 19:16:24

Since coming off the pill last year, I've had relatively regular cycles (30-34 days) but I'm finding that each month, around day 14/15 of my cycle, I wake up in the middle of the night for 1-3 nights with stomach cramps which are only relieved by doing a No2. Soon after I can go back to sleep. I don't know whether this is related to ovulation (we are ttc) or something else. Anyone have experience of something similar and is it worth booking a nurse appointment?i feel like it's a bit of a waste of appointment if it only happens 2 days a month. As we are ttc it can get a bit disheartening, as when I get the cramps I think that maybe I can't get pregnant as my period always comes a couple of weeks after the night cramps.

danigrace Sun 17-Jul-16 10:02:40

Hi NC, I have IBS and have similar symptoms to yourself, it tends to flare up more around particular points in my cycle. It helps me to abstain from dairy & gluten especially at those times - then the cramps don't come.

NC500 Sun 17-Jul-16 12:54:18

Thank you. I don't have any other IBS symptoms at any other point in the month, which is why I had originally discounted IBS being the cause of these cramps.. But will try your suggestion and see if it makes a difference!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now