Trying when you're not ready but know it could take forever

(4 Posts)
blossombottom Tue 12-Jul-16 19:29:31

Is it just me?

We TTC for a year before discovering we had an infertility issue, so we threw ourselves into IVF and conceived in our first round. She's now asleep in her bedroom aged 16 months.

We conceived naturally in April this year after our fertility issue improved dramatically (long story) last year, but sadly I had a MMC and had surgery a couple of weeks ago. We had decided to try for a year and see what happened before going back to IVF, agreeing that starting IVF a couple of months prior to DD's 2nd bday would give us time to potentially / hopefully produce a sibling by the time she was 3ish - an age gap we'd be happy with.

Now... I feel so confused. Our fertility is still not 'peak' and I think we were lucky to conceive naturally this year, so my logical head says 'keep trying.' I think I have just answered my own question, but does / did anyone else find themselves TTC for reasons that don't / didn't always feel right?

Wish it could be simpler!

Mamabear12 Tue 12-Jul-16 19:37:11

I wasn't ready for my second when I started trying, but I wanted around a two year gap. So I thought let's try and see what happens at 11 months. I had also read about secondary infertility. But it happened first try w us and baby arrived w a 20 month gap. I always think trying sooner then later is best in case it takes time. Good luck and hopefully you fall pregnant naturally. But at least you know Ivf worked for you and u have that option as well.

mangosandlime Tue 12-Jul-16 23:31:58

I have not been with my do as long as I would feel ideal but we have known each other a long time and he is aware I've got so evissues that could make conceiving difficult.

Therefore throwing caution to the wind

It's scary but is so wanted it'l be worth it

blossombottom Wed 13-Jul-16 13:36:09

Thanks! Bottom line is we just don't know how long it will take again, and I don't think I'll be able to relax if we're not trying. Though I'll not exactly be relaxed until I'm pregnant again... Then when I'm pregnant I have a whole new bag of things to worry about.

shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now