So, how often?

(8 Posts)
asummersnight Sun 10-Jul-16 20:25:03

Just wondered how many times people were managing it in their fertile weeks? We absolutely busted a gut to manage 3 times this cycle. Work, kids ... Is that enough?

MrsGsnow18 Sun 10-Jul-16 20:57:19

Well it technically knelt takes one time ( some people even have success and say they only manage once in FW)
I have been aiming for every other day from a few days after AF in the lead up to FW and then try for every day during FW up until two days after positive OPK. Some people say every day is bad as it leads to reduced sperm count so I think generally most aim for every other day and then day of positive OPK and maybe day after.

Mamabear12 Sun 10-Jul-16 21:13:01

If you know your fertile days, once is good I think.mworked for me twice. Two kids w only one try each time. But I k ew my cycle very well. For two years our contraception was pull out method and me know safe days not to pull out. We were only doing the latter when we were together and living together and didn't mind if I fell pregnant (we knew we wanted to get married and right age for kids). Anyway on a fertile day, I suggested, let's try and see what happens on my fertile day. That produced baby one who is now 4. The second time, I suggested we start trying and see what happens and the first try again straight away. Now I want a third and my husband will not do the lets see what happens bc he knows what happens lol. But has agreed we can start trying again in early next year. I have also discussed cycles and fertility w friends and have helped them get pregnant quite fast. A lot of people don't actually know when they are fertile. If you do, it helps a lot. But of course, sometimes it takes longer or it just does not work out. The thing is with pregnancy, you just never know. I know someone who took SEVEN years to conceive and turned to ivf. They have a beautiful baby girl now, thankfully. And she got pregnant straight away after. She found out she was pregnant when her first was only TWO months old. She thought she couldn't get pregnant on her own after all that time trying and then all of a sudden baby came super fast. i do think that doing it too often makes less sperm for when u r actually trying. My partner and I don't do it often, which might be another reason why we were successful fast. I'm a little nervous w the third one though bc age gap is getting bigger and I'll want to get pregnant Asap once my partner agrees, which will put pressure on me I think and pressure or stress I believe can make things take longer. The more relaxed about it the faster it will happen. First two times I was super relaxed. But now bc I'm ready to try (like six months ago!!!). I'm not so relaxed...trying to get my partner ready.

asummersnight Sun 10-Jul-16 21:45:54

It has happened for us quickly in the past, within a couple of cycles. Have had a loss and impatient now, I think! God knows how hard it must be to be trying for a while.

Junosmum Sun 10-Jul-16 23:29:15

We did it once, 4days before ovulation.

ahsan Sun 10-Jul-16 23:42:03

I managed to do it every two days lol. Hahaha it was fun but it did guarantee my pregnancies on both occassions lol.

CharminglyGawky Sun 10-Jul-16 23:52:23

We were doing it every other day for the week and a half around fertile days for months and months. Then the month we took 'off' as we had MIL staying with us we did it once, just because we wanted to... And I ended up pregnant hmm

Sperm can live for days, it is hard to work out exactly when you ovulate and you only need one sperm to find the egg. It felt like pure luck with us!

MmmMalbec Mon 11-Jul-16 07:16:04

The the month I fell pregnant with DS we DTD 6 times from cd16 to cd25 and I ovulated on cd22. This time we have been DTD every day over FW and I think it's been too much, so we are going back to every other day this cycle!

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now