Would co-sleeping stop AF?

(5 Posts)
ppandj Sun 03-Jul-16 10:03:47

We are ttc no.2 and my 14mo DS stopped bfing 2 months ago, I had no periods while bfing. Since then I've had one period that was very heavy and painful but have since been monitoring signs of ovulation etc to try and figure out my cycle. By my calculations I should be on my period, unless we conceived but I've done 2 negative tests. DS's sleep has gone to shit over the last week so I have had to get into bed with him every night this week. Could co- sleeping delay AF?

MmmMalbec Sun 03-Jul-16 10:40:21

As far as I understand it, nothing delays AF, it's your ovulation that's delayed. It's probably just taking a while for your body to regulate again. I hope you get back to normal soon.

pocketsized Sun 03-Jul-16 10:44:18

It took me a good 6 months to get regular periods back after I stopped bf. We weren't co-sleeping. It just takes time for your body to get back into a proper cycle I think.

Artandco Sun 03-Jul-16 10:48:13

I don't think so. As a comparison ds1 was 5 months old, exclusively breastfeeding and co sleeping when ds2 was conceived.

ppandj Sun 03-Jul-16 11:27:53

Thanks for the replies. Seems like anything goes for periods after pregnancy/bfing. Fingers crossed it settles soon, I used to be quite in tune with my body but I have no idea what's going on!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now