Mid cycle pain

(3 Posts)
voxnihili Thu 16-Jun-16 20:34:38

I came off the pill last September having been on it since I was a teenager (over 13 years). Before going on the pill my periods were irregular, although the longest between each one was probably 6 weeks and could painful.
I initially was on a combined pill and didn't really have any issues on it but then switched to the mini pill. I had very irregular bleeding that could last a couple of weeks and the pain during my period could wake me up at night.
Since coming off the pill, my cycles settled fairly quickly but are not clockwork - between 29 and 33 days. They usually last about 3 days and are quite light. But, they can still be painful to the point of waking me up but not every month.
The thing that is concerning me most though is the pain mid cycle, which started as soon as I came off the pill. This month it started on day 8, and has got progressively worse and is still painful today on day 14. My googling suggests that pain around ovulation isn't abnormal, but everything points to it being something that lasts only about 48 hours max.
I've provisionally booked a doctors appointment but can't decide if I'm wasting their time. Has anyone else experienced this? What was the outcome?
Thanks

Willberry Fri 17-Jun-16 00:53:18

I get ovulation pain but it doesnt last long somewhere between a few hours to 2 days but then I do get intermittant pains between then and af. Might be worth checking with Dr seeing as your pain is severe too.

frenchknitting Fri 17-Jun-16 17:35:12

I have this. It stops after ovulation, then returns for a week prior to my period, so basically week on, week off.

The pain from cd8 to cd15 is the worst though.

Initially, my GP thought it was a cyst on my ovary. He referred me for an ultrasound, but I was all clear. I was then referred to a gyno who said it was endometriosis.

So either of those may be possibilities, def worth speaking to your GP. I found ibuprofen or mefenamic acid helped a lot (though I can't take these while TTC).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now