Period came 5 days late still worried

(3 Posts)
user1465987738 Wed 15-Jun-16 11:59:06

Well last month i came off my pill as it wasn't agreeing with me . i was due to have my normal period last Friday/Saturday, it didn't come. So i started panicking thinking i was pregnant even though my husband didn't ejaculate in me (sorry tmi) i took a pg test on Monday and it was negative then this morning my period came really heavy. So why am i still telling myself im pregnant?! I suffer anxiety and ocd so i don't think this is helping matters. Do you think my period was late because of coming off my pill or could i be pregnant ?

MonkeyBrainsInPickle Wed 15-Jun-16 12:01:18

I think your period was late. Take another pregnancy test to put your mind at rest. However, as you have your period I doubt you're pregnant.

PamBagnallsGotACollage Wed 15-Jun-16 12:03:52

Hi, I'm not a medical professional so this is just suggestions of possibilities rather than solid medical advice.

It could be because you stopped the pill but was it the sort where you had a break each month anyway in which case, how was your body to 'know you'd stopped.

It could be anxiety that made your period late. If mine is ever a day later than I expect I get incredibly anxious (like you, I suffer from anxiety and OCD) and my anxiety seems to make my period later.

Another option could be that you suffered a chemical pregnancy or early miscarriage when only a few days pregnant. I have had one before- I tested and knew I was pregnant and then had a very heavy period a week later.

I think, if I was you, I would take another test to put your mind at rest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now